DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't do what I did!

"...hi-viz jacket...." ? People are much less likely to aggressively challenge you when you're wearing one. When worn with confidence it seems to give you an air of authority. People assume you must have obtained special permissions and clearance to fly (not that it is typically needed for recreational flying when abiding by local flight rules)

Reactions: BadWolf1
Ha ha! This entire thread is just great. “Of course I have the SD card… Oh oh! Of course I have my phone… Oops!“ Quotes of dismay from me. What a terrific site!

Reactions: ff22
Or you could forget the microSD card... :rolleyes:

Yes, first day in Oslo, walk to Vigeland Sculpture Park in the snow (in Norway for a 3 week cross-country ski trip) and find that my camera's card is about 6,000 miles away in Seattle. Fortunately, I used my phone for pictures and a shopping mall that evening provided a card.

There's always something.

Reactions: Zbip57
Yup, keep all the communication cables with the charger cables, with the flymore kit there is lots of room for SD cards and filters. With that being said, I am waiting for the arrival of a water resitant hard case that allows to store the mini with arms out and even with prop guards on for quick deloyment, I want to put the ipad and tablet holder in there too! I'm in SAR operations so be ready to go is the mandate.
One thing...please get yourself a tablet holder with lanyard much easier and can't be dropped.
Stay safe.

I do remember the time, many years ago, NOT me. We were doing cross-country skiing at Lake Geneva, WI. We all show up and one guy forgot his boots!!! He only lived 10 miles away and got them. Next day he was do proud - he had his boots BUT he forgot his poles! We did not let him live that down.

Well, tried out my new cable in the backyard. It appears to have worked. I was transferring a video.

View attachment 108440
Have you considered using one of these for your Ipad? They do work awesome. Yours just seems it's going to slip one day. Maybe it's just me? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7RFDBA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did something similar, but in my case I forgot I had taken out the microSD card. Drove 30-40 mins to view an old church... card was still in my laptop at home.
I have now labelled my microSD cards with Dymo Letratag, which reminds me not only have I inserted a card, but also the capacity. It's been a useful little mod.

Attachments

• 20200820_131303[1].jpg
    20200820_131303[1].jpg
    925.4 KB · Views: 17
I did something similar, but in my case I forgot I had taken out the microSD card. Drove 30-40 mins to view an old church... card was still in my laptop at home.

Been there done that. I ended up cutting a rectangle of plastic from an old credit card (perfect thickness) and putting attaching a streamer (masking tape folded over) The idea is not to put the drone back in the case without the card.
I still will, so under the batteries in my flymore combo case sits the little box of spares which came with the drone, and in there I've stashed a spare card. (£12 for a 64GB class 10 Lexar vs. card failure, forgetting the card etc. easy choice).

I also try to stick to "Don't shut the door with the X out" which I use on my cameras. Because (yes) I've gone to use a camera with no battery, leaving the battery compartment open should stop me leaving with the battery out.

1597932151542.png

You reminded me of one more thing... ALWAYS PACK AND LOAD YOUR OWN GEAR. Never depend on anyone else. Since you know Lake Geneva, I used to teach skiing at Wilmot Mt and there was a husband/wife instructor duo. She thought he loaded her boots in the car and he thought she took her own boots... and you know the rest.

You reminded me of one more thing... ALWAYS PACK AND LOAD YOUR OWN GEAR. Never depend on anyone else. Since you know Lake Geneva, I used to teach skiing at Wilmot Mt and there was a husband/wife instructor duo. She thought he loaded her boots in the car and he thought she took her own boots... and you know the rest.
I used to live in Jackson, WY. Loved to ski. We had a checklist: Skis, boots, poles, hat, gloves, goggles and you could add ski pants and pass if appropriate. Inspired from my days as a Navy pilot: gear, flaps, hook and harness. All required for safe carrier landing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S