DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't Fly Near Clearview Credit Union w/Blue Roof

Yes, I used Google Earth to find out where Amory is located and found that you possibly wouldn't get too many problems from freezing cold weather but thought the remarks were valid. In any case, at least try to get the perforations filled in or tiled over before too long as I see that you've also got a few plants taking root in them and that might cause you further problems.
Well the front of the house was covered in stone work and the back and sides pretty much are covered in Ivy which is the effect we wanted.
Thanks though .;)

No one mentioned the possibility of the bank having a strong Wi-Fi. Possible interference from the Wi-Fi. When you go back, you might check with the manager to see if they had one on at the time of the incident.

No one mentioned the possibility of the bank having a strong Wi-Fi. Possible interference from the Wi-Fi. When you go back, you might check with the manager to see if they had one on at the time of the incident.

That's because the OP reported magnetic interference, not comms interference. Wifi is not going to have any effect on the compass.

Reactions: RFaust
With compas interactions, magnetic interference will be induced the closer you get to the magnetic material. The impact of this interference varies inversely with the square of the distance.

Control GPS, and video information loss is different. Metals that are grounded, such as bridges, rebar based concrete etc act as walls for these communications. Also, vegetation will attenuate/block these signals based on the moisture content. All the DJI communications systems - enhanced WIFI, Ocusync, etc suffer from this, but to different degrees.

If the line between the controller and drone are blocked, no control or video will get through. In 3 seconds, if the GPS signals are OK, the drone will blindly do a RTH.

If the lines between the drone and the GPS satellites are blocked, the drone will shift into ATTI mode where the on board altimeters will take over, and the drone will maintain altitude. It will not be aware of the wind, and will drift freely wherever the wind is going.

All of this is the underlying physics, and can never be eliminated, only understood.

With compas interactions, magnetic interference will be induced the closer you get to the magnetic material. The impact of this interference varies inversely with the square of the distance.

Control GPS, and video information loss is different. Metals that are grounded, such as bridges, rebar based concrete etc act as walls for these communications. Also, vegetation will attenuate/block these signals based on the moisture content. All the DJI communications systems - enhanced WIFI, Ocusync, etc suffer from this, but to different degrees.

If the line between the controller and drone are blocked, no control or video will get through. In 3 seconds, if the GPS signals are OK, the drone will blindly do a RTH.

If the lines between the drone and the GPS satellites are blocked, the drone will shift into ATTI mode where the on board altimeters will take over, and the drone will maintain altitude. It will not be aware of the wind, and will drift freely wherever the wind is going.

All of this is the underlying physics, and can never be eliminated, only understood.

I've read many times that DJI never uses GPS for altitude calcs, only the baro pressure readings. I think I understand why.

I've read many times that DJI never uses GPS for altitude calcs, only the baro pressure readings. I think I understand why.

It does get altitude from GPS, and logs those values, but it does not appear to be a primary data source for the FC.

Like these I took today checking my roof.

Exactly what I did for the roof of a firend's house, with the same kind of roof cover, flying both over and near to it for a good 20 minutes

Yeah I do it a lot with no issues, That bank most likely had not only the safe but lot's of other steel in it as it being a bank .

Reactions: The Rolling Drones
sorry i know this is an old thread...
My M2Z went in the drink today... I was flying next to a steel bridge over the Los Angels River. "aircraft disconnected" appeared on the RC and the m2z decided to land where it was instead of trying to backtrack and recover the RC signal. I was maybe 20 feet below the bridge and 15 feet above the water when it went swimming. It was maybe 150 feet away from me max. There was no other warnings or issues before the m2z disconnected. Never went into atti mode or anything else just lost signal and went to land... Floated down the river about 300 yards and high-centered on a rock. i was able to retrieve it, but its toast... very disappointed, I've been practicing in atti mode for emergency issues.. Don't know why communications disconnected so suddenly like it did..
another notch on the experience belt.
skydog4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada