DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't Fly Within within 34.5 miles of SoFi Stadium Today

ScottTX

Reactions
If you pilot a drone within 34.5 miles of SoFi Stadium, the government could fine you, file criminal charges, and destroy or confiscate your drone.

If you pilot a drone within 34.5 miles of SoFi Stadium, the government could fine you, file criminal charges, and destroy or confiscate your drone.

Wow! Not quite a thousand square miles. Stretches from Santa Clarita to Newport Beach (north to south), and out to Pomona. Most of the LA basin, San Fernando Valley, ...

Approximate coverage:
1644772188728.jpeg

Last edited:
It's not just a drone, it is ANY aircraft.
It is a little more nuanced than that. Lots of exceptions for things like commercial flights within a 10nm radius, and private pilots between 10 and 30nm. They do, however, specifically call out things like drones.

"
G. THE FOLLOWING OPERATIONS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED WITHIN THIS TFR: UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS (UAS), MODEL AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS, MODEL ROCKETRY, FLIGHT TRAINING, PRACTICE INSTRUMENT APPROACHES, AEROBATIC FLIGHT, GLIDER OPERATIONS, PARACHUTE OPERATIONS, ULTRALIGHT, HANG GLIDING, BALLOON OPERATIONS, AGRICULTURE/CROP DUSTING, ANIMAL POPULATION CONTROL FLIGHT OPERATIONS, BANNER TOWING OPERATIONS, SIGHTSEEING OPERATIONS, MAINTENANCE TEST FLIGHTS, AND UTILITY AND PIPELINE SURVEY OPERATIONS.

H. UAS OPERATORS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE AIRSPACE RESTRICTIONS ARE WARNED THAT PURSUANT TO 10 U.S.C. SECTION 130I AND 6 U.S.C. SECTION 124N, THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE (DOD), THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS) OR THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (DOJ) MAY TAKE SECURITY ACTION THAT RESULTS IN THE INTERFERENCE, DISRUPTION, SEIZURE, DAMAGING, OR DESTRUCTION OF UNMANNED AIRCRAFT DEEMED TO POSE A CREDIBLE SAFETY OR SECURITY THREAT TO PROTECTED PERSONNEL, FACILITIES, OR ASSETS."

So what? This is a national sporting event attended by 100,000 people.
Better have dang good aerial security rules in place.

Reactions: orionshooter
That's all well and good, but I'm so danged far from the stadium it's silly I can't fly around here. I'm 22 miles as the crow flies (or as the drone won't).

That's all well and good, but I'm so danged far from the stadium it's silly I can't fly around here. I'm 22 miles as the crow flies (or as the drone won't).
Understood, but that's what Homeland Security (or FAA or whomever) deemed appropriate I guess, so we just have to live with it during the time.

Reactions: orionshooter
I'll live with it of course. Probably makes sense to have a blanket TFR covering all bases.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu