DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't know what happened

The drone was flying at approximately 30 miles an hour when it lost power so it traveled farther without GPS contact
Since it didn't return home in those perfect conditions, I'd have to agree that it probably lost power mid-flight. And if that happened, it would be pretty close to the last recorded location.

I took the motorcycle back out to the location I lost the drone and luckily ran into one of the land owners and explained what happen. They said jumping the fence could get you shot :( but were nice enough to have one of their employees look for it, but no luck :( so DJI fly away replacement is on the way at a reduced price. It will stay a mystery why it lost power!

Wonder if that might be what happened to your drone. It jumped the fence and maybe got shot?

This isn't an endorsement of such activity, just saying it out loud because I know I'm not the only one thinking it.

This isn't an endorsement of such activity
Yeah, it wouldn't be a wise thing to do since it's illegal. The OP would have heard that if it happened.

Wonder if that might be what happened to your drone. It jumped the fence and maybe got shot?

This isn't an endorsement of such activity, just saying it out loud because I know I'm not the only one thinking it.
Thought about it, but two ranch gates are at the junction with lots of traffic coming going. My motorcycle would be pretty obvious sitting by itself and there are cattle in the field! Cattle rustling is a real thing ;)

There was no one around when it went down and I would have heard a shot.

Believe it or not! I had received a follow up email from DJI asking how they did with my fly away service and I responded that I felt I was not at fault and they had never done a flight analysis. Subsequently they agreed to look at the track and I received an email today that DJI would refund the cost of the replacement drone! Amazing!

Reactions: MA2 317 and msinger
Subsequently they agreed to look at the track and I received an email today that DJI would refund the cost of the replacement drone!
Very nice! Did they explain what happened?

Very nice! Did they explain what happened?
They have no idea!

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

For your case CAS-11705187-Q3N0J6, we have finished the data analysis for you, and the result is as follows:

Serial Number: 3N33JA8002X118
Flight Date: 2023-01-22 02:55(UTC+8) FLY75

1.The aircraft worked under Sport mode;
2.Flight Time T=05:35,Relative Height H=138.1 m, Distance to the Home Point D=229.1 m, the pilot pushed forward the pitch stick, pushed down the throttle stick and moved the roll stick to the left, the aircraft flew forward at 15.6 m/s and then the flight record ended;
(There is a large difference in terrain between the last point and the take-off point, and the signal may be blocked after lowering the altitude.)
3.The last recorded point: 36.8276756, -121.2037592.

Based on the analysis result, it was unable to confirm what happened afterward, but there is a high possibility that the aircraft would crash with the trees after the flight record ended.

As we are unable to confirm the root cause of the accident and we appreciate your support for DJI. Therefore, we would like to make an exception and apply for the refund of 379$ for your case and recovered the replacement chance of the DJI Care Refresh service for you for this time.

The refund process will usually take 5-10 business days. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Meanwhile, if you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your support. Have a nice day!

Reactions: PaulNH and MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth