DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't Let Law Enforcement Bully You - NYS Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
S 240.26 Harassment in the second degree.
A person is guilty of harassment in the second degree when, with
intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:
1. He or she strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects such other
person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same; or
2. He or she follows a person in or about a public place or places; or
3. He or she engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts
which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no
legitimate purpose.

Subdivisions two and three of this section shall not apply to
activities regulated by the national labor relations act, as amended,
the railway labor act, as amended, or the federal employment labor
management act, as amended.
Harassment in the second degree is a violation.

Deposition from the "farm", charge them and let a judge sort it out.

Done

In the US, you cannot be compelled to show ID unless there is reasonable articulable suspicion of a crime. "Being nice" to cops and allowing them to overstep their authority only emboldens those who can't seem to reign themselves in and just do their job.

Every time we acquiesce to unreasonable and unlawful demands we just allow the transition from community policing to gestapo/secret police. Know your rights, exercise them. Don't do that and you WILL lose them, as we see happening in the drone community as we speak.

S 240.26 Harassment in the second degree.
A person is guilty of harassment in the second degree when, with
intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person: ...
3. He or she engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts
which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no
legitimate purpose.

My neighbor's 5 year old kid screams incessantly in the back yard. It's conduct that is repeated, alarming, seriously annoying, and I don't think it serves a legitimate purpose. It's a good thing I don't live in NY state - else I'd press charges.

Leave it to say that it won't be long when things like this will be settled in the courts. Now back to the wonderful Mavic....

My neighbor's 5 year old kid screams incessantly in the back yard. It's conduct that is repeated, alarming, seriously annoying, and I don't think it serves a legitimate purpose. It's a good thing I don't live in NY state - else I'd press charges.

5 yr. old, no criminal culpability, 15 yr. old may be arrested, depending on the facts.

In the US, you cannot be compelled to show ID unless there is reasonable articulable suspicion of a crime. "Being nice" to cops and allowing them to overstep their authority only emboldens those who can't seem to reign themselves in and just do their job.

Every time we acquiesce to unreasonable and unlawful demands we just allow the transition from community policing to gestapo/secret police. Know your rights, exercise them. Don't do that and you WILL lose them, as we see happening in the drone community as we speak.

To your point, the FAA is now considering banning cell phone use on commercial flights - not because it's unsafe (that's clearly been debunked) - but because it would be irritating to customers who wouldn't appreciate having to listen to someone gabbing on the phone during the flight.

Imagine that - making things illegal because they irritate others. Instead of letting the airlines decide whether to appeal to a "must talk on phone while flying" audience (or possibly segregating seats based on those who (don't) want that ability), we have a nanny state that decides for us all.

Criminalizing something that is simply annoying would have 100% of the population locked up in no time. America - land of the free, home of the brave.

All my people are cops. I'm the ex-bad guy. We have an un-spoken rule at family functions, "Don't talk that cop b/s with me and how dangerous the streets are if you're not going to talk about the bad cops on the force and how dangerous they are." My opinion is, there is a huge over reach by law enforcement because a lot of cops are simply afraid and if that's the case they should be in another profession or work the desk or in the courts or write parking tickets (if that's an option in their city).

Reactions: erkme73
OK Guys lets stop with the insults and political statements in this now !!
have some dip.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929