DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dorset or Hampshire

Bruce Lythe

Reactions
Any clubs, meetups, beer gatherings, individuals want to share their best photo sites, experiences.... I am in Lymington

Any clubs, meetups, beer gatherings, individuals want to share their best photo sites, experiences.... I am in Lymington
Hi Bruce, I've only just seen your post. I'm in Poole and would welcome a fly buddy if you're over her any time.

Hi Bruce from Lymington my name is Francis and I live in Southampton I am somewhat new to this I have purchased a Mavic 2 Pro Drone I have already flown it out in the Forest where they fly Model aircraft, do you know if I have to register my drone with the police or any other bodies and if so do you know how much it costs or where I can get information in that regard.
Also, do you know of any flying clubs within the Hampshire area preferably in or near Southampton?

Regards

FrancisG

I’m in Bournemouth myself, but now after reading countless articles on the web, it seems like I cannot fly anywhere, looking for some nice areas myself

Reactions: AndrewP
Hi, I'm in Poole. There's a few choices here, and Hurn airport are very helpful if you need to contact them. It just feels like an unwelcome pastime with all the bad publicity. I think if you look for rules not to do something you'll always find them. What are you flying?

Hi Soledancer, have just picked up a Zoom 2, haven’t really done much flying over the last couple of years, apart from when I go up to Wales where family have a nice bit of space to fly around without upsetting anyone. Am really keen to try out the newer intelligent flight modes. Compared to my Phantom 3 the Mavic is a serious upgrade. Where would you recommend around the area?

I fly sometimes Upton Heath, Sandbanks, along Branksome beach, Cranford Heath (Nature reserved can be fussy), Lake pier Hamworthy. Could also do Poole park area, all when it's not crowded. Like you, not as much flying as I'd like. Yes the Mavic2 is a great piece of gear, not something you would want to take risks with. I'm using the pro, still haven't mastered it all.

Reactions: AndrewP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121