DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Double pictures

moparherb

Reactions
I have searched thru this forum and have not gotten a definitive answer so here goes. Every time I take a “single” photo with my DJI Mini 2 I get two versions of it on my iPad mini 5. I have l single photo selected and I’m not requesting “jpeg+raw”. But I must honestly say that even though I get two images one seems slightly different than the other. Usually what I consider brightness difference. It’s very slight but it’s still there. As one poster put it “kind of a pain to go in and delete the duplicate photos”. Any help appreciated and I’m old but new to this drone. Thank you.

Hello,
that's how dji fly app works: the original file + an "enhanced" version. We talked about it here a while ago, and we couldn't find any solution to that.

As far as mb size one is always bigger than the other. The bigger pixel size also contains the metadata but the smaller one does not.

The app 'enhances' every photo and then saves both the original and enhanced photo to your library. Some duplicates appear almost identical but a dark photo will show the enhanced differences more noticeably. No way yet to prevent the duplicates. In the DJI library, only the original shows.

The app 'enhances' every photo and then saves both the original and enhanced photo to your library
What's this enhanced photo?
Six years of photographing with DJI and I've not heard of this until this thread.
Can you post a pair to inspect?

Here are two photos (I only shot once) with noticeable differences

Attachments

• 51438ED7-C621-46FD-B3C2-91359C941B5E.jpeg
    51438ED7-C621-46FD-B3C2-91359C941B5E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 7D6AE644-6BDD-49F0-B63F-CF722DE6810B.jpeg
    7D6AE644-6BDD-49F0-B63F-CF722DE6810B.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: Meta4
These are 2 images within the DJI app showing the enhancement feature identified by the yellow star in the bottom right indicating the photo is enhanced. Both images are then saved to your photo library but the white or yellow star is not present causing some confusion in determining which was the original. The original is always the 1st of the duplicates.

Attachments

• IMG_5002.PNG
    IMG_5002.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5003.PNG
    IMG_5003.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 22
I have searched thru this forum and have not gotten a definitive answer so here goes. Every time I take a “single” photo with my DJI Mini 2 I get two versions of it on my iPad mini 5. I have l single photo selected and I’m not requesting “jpeg+raw”. But I must honestly say that even though I get two images one seems slightly different than the other. Usually what I consider brightness difference. It’s very slight but it’s still there. As one poster put it “kind of a pain to go in and delete the duplicate photos”. Any help appreciated and I’m old but new to this drone. Thank you.
Ever get a fix to this? I am having the same issues. One photo looks better than the other as previously mentioned but it still puts both photos on my phone? Is there a work around to this yet? Thanks!
496731A7-F0E9-407A-8AB8-9D5A44C5AC64.jpeg45F44189-37F6-4C43-B2BB-83FA90247E42.jpeg

If you turn off sync to photo library I think you ”delay” duplicate creation until you manually download photos. At least this is what I remember from Ios app.
Not the best solution but I prefer it like this..

Reactions: jay2020
If you turn off sync to photo library I think you ”delay” duplicate creation until you manually download photos. At least this is what I remember from Ios app.
Not the best solution but I prefer it like this..
Thanks, I’ll give it a try. The quality is different too on the pictures but I don’t know why?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness