DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doubt atitude indicator

Nuvasif

Reactions
Good afternoon,

I apologize for the ignorance but in the DJI Fly 1.2.2, in the new atitude indicator, what is the meaning of the green part in front of the arrow that symbolizes the drone?

Thanks

It is just an indicator of the path you are flying. Watch the video and notice on the last part when he turns it by hand.

Last edited:
Oh this is wonderful, thank you for asking this question, I have always assumed it was the field of view of the camera or the drone's nose.
Which is the same thing really.......isn't it? For my MM and, from memory, my Phantom 3, yes, as their camera's supposedly? only point forward with the odd twitch to counter yaw but with the M2P/Z the camera can be turned to look right or left.
Guess what, (strike through because in hind sight that might be thought to have been sarcasm, it wasn't, it was elation) the green thing follows the way the camera looks. It's the camera's field of view.
Brilliant, thank you, I am chuffed lol

Oh this looks like a good tutorial but I only skimmed bits of it as I do not have 1.2.anything

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this is wonderful, thank you for asking this question, I have always assumed it was the field of view of the camera or the drone's nose. Which is the same thing really.......isn't it?
For my MM and, from memory, my Phantom 3 yes as their camera's supposedly only point forward with the odd twitch to counter yaw but with the M2P/Z the camera can be turned to look right or left. Guess what the green thing follows the way the camera looks. It;s the camera's field of view.

Oh this looks like a good tutorial but I only skimmed bits of it as I do not have 1.2.anything
On the right side of the map when you opened it fully there is a rectangle, vertically divided into 5 sectors and some kind of activity going on. What is that? Be kind, I am so new I can barely remember how to spell 'drone'. Thanks

Oh this is wonderful, thank you for asking this question, I have always assumed it was the field of view of the camera or the drone's nose. Which is the same thing really.......isn't it?
For my MM and, from memory, my Phantom 3 yes as their camera's supposedly only point forward with the odd twitch to counter yaw but with the M2P/Z the camera can be turned to look right or left. Guess what the green thing follows the way the camera looks. It;s the camera's field of view.

You are right, thank you.

It is an indication of where the drone camera is facing, I walked with it to the right and to the left and the green shadow followed the movement, it just does not change when we lower or raise the camera.

I apologize for the question but I searched forums and tutorials and I never realized its meaning until now.

Thank you very much.

I apologize for the question but I searched forums
No need to apologise? It was a good and valid question, I didn't know the answer myself until I checked what happened when I turned the M2P's camera and, in that sense, you enlightened me. Hence my thanking you.
Strictly speaking my answer applies only to the M2P/Z and it could be that on other DJI drones it means something else but, at the moment, I assume not.
On the right side of the map when you opened it fully there is a re
I think you are referring to what appears to be, from top to bottom, selectors for
a) information about airspace restrictions,
b) don't know (I don't have a fly app controller to hand at the moment so am using an unconnected app),
c) access to resetting the home point to the drone's position or the controller's position
d) the "find my drone" feature
e) at a guess, select the map view or satellite view or......
again, bear in mind the above is based on looking at an unconnected FLY app

Yes, the green triangle shows lateral(right-left) gimble position. On my MA2, you can move the gimble right and left by dragging your finger across the screen. When I do that, I can see the little green triangle move right and left.

I wondered that too when I saw it years ago with my P3A. The inspires can rotate the camera 360 degrees.

Greetings
is the 1.2.2 fly version available in Australia please?. My controller says it is up to date with version 1.2.1
You need to go to the official DJI website & download it from there

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki