DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doubts about noise at ISO 800 and 1600 (test on photo no video). Is this normal?

Reactions
Good evening, today I took some photos in low light and then I raised the ISO to 800 and also to 1600. A little while ago, while checking the photos, I noticed a very pronounced noise. Now, I know it's adjusting the noise in the photos at high iso, ok, but you think it's not a bit too much? I put the original photos there, there are some at 800 and others at 1600. Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: sir_ian
If you shoot in DNG, you'll have a lot more information to work with, and can create your own JPG with less noise. For this type of static subject, you can also shoot at a longer shutter speed to maintain the base ISO of 100. Lots of better options with a 4/3 sensor in low light.

If you shoot in DNG, you'll have a lot more information to work with, and can create your own JPG with less noise. For this type of static subject, you can also shoot at a longer shutter speed to maintain the base ISO of 100. Lots of better options with a 4/3 sensor in low light.
Hello, yes, I always shoot in dng and I know that you can reduce the noise in post production a lot, but ... so can you confirm that such a noise is completely regular?

It seems high to me but you can of course use various editing techniques to reduce it considerably e.g Topaz Denoise etc.

One thing those images did for me was highlight the distortion on that lens looking at the moon and angle of moon reflection, again I think that could be corrected with your RAW software or Photo editor.

Hello, yes, I always shoot in dng and I know that you can reduce the noise in post production a lot, but ... so can you confirm that such a noise is completely regular?
Depends upon your editing of the DNG, and your choice of exporting as JPG settings. You only showed us your exported JPG, which you created, unless these are simultaneously generated DJI JPG's. Could easily be your editing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580