DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Down loading pics from mavic air 2s I am not really a computer guy help?

Pop the card out of the drone and if you don't have a card reader built into your computer, use an external one. You can plug the drone into your computer but it'll be a lot slower.

Reactions: Chaosrider
Just remove the card from drone and stick it into your computer via a card reader or if it has it, the onboard slot on the computer/Laptop.

If you only want them on the iPhone, hit the arrow on the right side of the flight screen, select the photos or videos you want, and hit the download button/arrow on the bottom of your screen. This has to be done with your drone and controller still on.
Or…
Use a card reader to download them to your iPhone or iPad as pictured below. image.jpg

Need help on getting pic from air 2s have iPhone ?
It would be more helpful to know what computer you have to be able to provide better help..

All the answers so far would do the job, if you know how to use a card reader or whether your computer has card slots.

the Air 2S uses a Micro SD Card, some computers may not have a slot for that, and would require an SD card adaptor.

Alternatively if your computer does not have a card slot, you can get USB Card readers that plug into regular USB ports on most computers, however some may have newer USB-C ports that would again, require another adaptor.

You can of course use the Fly App to save all your photos and videos to your iPhone, however Videos can be quite large if they are of any length, and would take a long time to transfer and your iPhone would require a lot of free space, which could be easily consumed. And you'd have to have the drone on and connected to do that.

4K video maybe around a 3-5GB or more for 60fps videos for a few minutes of recording. Could vary up or down, still takes a lot of space on a iPhone or iPad unless you have a 256/512 or larger model. Even then, you would probably want a large external drive that is in the terabytes to maintain all the video you may capture that you would not be able to keep on a phone or tablet.

Reactions: Dbez1
I have a MacBook computer and my controller is a smart controller?
Depending again on the model of the Macbook, you have USB Ports, but some models only have USB-C, which would require an adaptor for every Card Reader I am aware of. If you check "About this Mac" under the Apple Menu, it will tell you which MacBook model you have..

You never mentioned which model drone you have, so if you have a Smart Controller. (has a built in screen) its features maybe different then a regular remote control that connects to a smart phone or tablet. However since you mentioned an iPhone, I am guessing you don't have a Smart Controller..

So making some assumptions, if you do this after a flight where you've captured some video and pictures, you should be able to collect your video and pictures by removing the SD Card from the drone.

Plug it into a USB Card Reader which you can get from a place like Amazon. Then plug that into your Macbook, assuming that its a model that has a standard USB port, and when the card mounts on the desktop, you can look for I think its the DCIM\100MEDIA folder and in there is all the video and photos you've captured on your flight. Copy those files or import them to where you want to store them, because you'll want to delete or erase the SD card so its clean for the next flight.

This Link should take you take you to a page where you can find several USB Card Readers under $20 that should work fine.. If its not obvious for some reason, the word "Link" in the first line will take you to an Amazon listing page.. Look at the USB connector shown in the product pictures and make sure you have the female counterpart on your computer to plug one into. Purchase one and you should be all set to view your stuff when it arrives.

At some point of course, re-install your SD Card back into your drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000