DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downed Mavic Air Flight log interpretation - Please help

I would have to respectfully disagree. Sports mode has got me out of one or to jams when the wind picked up suddenly and also near sunset when the sensors wouldn’t let me fly forward. I would say that having a att mode button would also be handy in certain situations. Like flying in a big warehouse or gym.
ATTI mode loses nothing to Sport mode as far as speed goes. If you see my post above you can still hit 40 MPH in ATTI just like in Sport so the ability to cope with wind does not decrease.

Reactions: zero1981
I would have to respectfully disagree. Sports mode has got me out of one or to jams when the wind picked up suddenly and also near sunset when the sensors wouldn’t let me fly forward. I would say that having a att mode button would also be handy in certain situations. Like flying in a big warehouse or gym.

I was only commenting that it has no disadvantages as far as I'm concerned. I've never had any problems with wind speed or OA. For anyone who wants or needs sport mode then it's much less attractive as an option.

That's how I have mine programmed. I don't use sport mode anyway, so no disadvantages as far as I'm concerned.
When you say "you did it", do you mean you reset the parameter of the sport mode switch? What version firmware are you running. Sorry to the OP for this slight thread detour.

I just did it and took it out for a flight, I like how much smoother the controls feel especially when you want to stop, no hard braking here! Plus you can still go 40MPH so essentially you didn't lose sport mode.

You can get some way towards that effect in P-GPS mode if you bring the sticks back to center gradually, but it's definitely smoother in ATTI. I think a lot of people like to shoot video in ATTI for that reason.

Is there any official reason why DJI didn't include atti mode? It gets brought up often that being and to switch to atti would help
I agree that being able to practice in ATTI mode would be great.

I suspect the reason they don’t include it has to do with no-fly zones; if you don’t have GPS, the drone can’t determine where it is, so it doesn’t know if it’s in a prohibited zone. It depends on how they might implement that capability.

I agree that being able to practice in ATTI mode would be great.

I suspect the reason they don’t include it has to do with no-fly zones; if you don’t have GPS, the drone can’t determine where it is, so it doesn’t know if it’s in a prohibited zone. It depends on how they might implement that capability.

I doubt that was the primary driver for omitting it. Phantoms have user-selectable ATTI mode. It doesn't disable GPS - it only stops the FC from holding position, and they still won't fly in NFZs. I think more likely is that it stemmed from a recognition that without the "release the sticks and everything stops" option, it's much easier to crash in ATTI mode.

I can't think of a case where I would prefer ATTI over sport mode. You can slow down gently instead of letting go of the sticks and probably simulate ATTI pretty easy. right? I haven't tried it but I have shot videos completely manually and it takes a little practice to be smooth while shooting a 360 video of an object.

I can't think of a case where I would prefer ATTI over sport mode. You can slow down gently instead of letting go of the sticks and probably simulate ATTI pretty easy. right? I haven't tried it but I have shot videos completely manually and it takes a little practice to be smooth while shooting a 360 video of an object.

Actually I would say that it is completely impossible to simulate the characteristics of ATTI in P-GPS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu