DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downgrade DJI GO 4 app?

MiniPalourde

Reactions
Hello,

I don't have my tablet with me (I'm far from home) and I realized that my phone lags horribly with the app. I want to downgrade the DJI GO 4 app to an older version, because some persons say that it fixes the lag problem with non-compatible devices such as mine.

Is there a reliable guide out there showing how to downgrade? My internet is very limited right now, and it would be awesome if one of you could answer me.

Downgrade to 4.2.16; that is what I have done to fix the issue until DJI fixes the app (if they fix it). I downloaded mine from DJI GO 4-For drones since P4 APKs - APKMirror .

1. Uninstall current app. Remember to sync flight logs before you uninstall if you want to transfer them.
2. On your phone settings, you may need to enable installing apps from "unknown sources" since the app (APK file) is not directly from google play.
3. Download the APK of the version you want (i.e. DJI GO 4-For drones since P4 APKs - APKMirror ). When you open the file it should install. If you get a warning / error it may be due allow apps of "unknown sources" is disabled.
4. Disable auto-update of apps .

I still would recommend you contact DJI support on this issue so hope the more people report it they will fix it. I downgraded only so I can fly in the meantime. While I have a case opened with DJI on this, I never heard back from them or got nay updated over 3 weeks now. Hope more people who contact them get their attention to fix it.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Downgrade to 4.2.16; that is what I have done to fix the issue until DJI fixes the app (if they fix it). I downloaded mine from DJI GO 4-For drones since P4 APKs - APKMirror .

1. Uninstall current app. Remember to sync flight logs before you uninstall if you want to transfer them.
2. On your phone settings, you may need to enable installing apps from "unknown sources" since the app (APK file) is not directly from google play.
3. Download the APK of the version you want (i.e. DJI GO 4-For drones since P4 APKs - APKMirror ). When you open the file it should install. If you get a warning / error it may be due allow apps of "unknown sources" is disabled.

I still would recommend you contact DJI support on this issue so hope the more people report it they will fix it. I downgraded only so I can fly in the meantime. While I have a case opened with DJI on this, I never heard back from them or got nay updated over 3 weeks now. Hope more people who contact them get their attention to fix it.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the help. I downloaded the 4.2.16 APK but it didn't fix my problem. I will try to buy another device, but thank you for the reply.

Thank you very much for the help. I downloaded the 4.2.16 APK but it didn't fix my problem. I will try to buy another device, but thank you for the reply.
when you open the DJI App, make sure it is 4.2.16 in-case Google Play auto-updated it back to latest version (disable auto updates).

when you open the DJI App, make sure it is 4.2.16 in-case Google Play auto-updated it back to latest version (disable auto updates).
Yea, I did check that it was the 4.2.16 version before and after opening it. I might try to get Litchi and see if it works though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000