DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downgrading app questions

conchman

Reactions
I continue to experience video pixelation problems and I have the following questions:

(I have a Galaxy S7 and a newly purchased S9+ which has no DJI app on it yet).

1) I did the latest firmware update via DJI Go 4 app, does this mean I cannot downgrade to the the older version? It did mention this when I upgraded but I foolishly thought this would have a fix for the problem.

2) If I install Litchti software instead of DJI Go app, will this solve my pixelation problem, most people do not seem to have this problem running Litchi, from what I have read.

3) My new Galaxy S9+ does not have any software installed, should I just install the older version of DJI Go 4 or is my Mavic Pro already updated and I cannot go back to older versions? Will the new phone solve the pixelation problem via more processing power, as pixelation usually means too slow processing.

Any help to solve this issue is highly appreciated.

1. You need to downgrade Go 4 to a version that works, not the firmware.
  2. Litchi still requires Go 4 to be installed as it shares some of Go 4's settings (may have changed, haven't tried it in a while).
  3. Yes, install an older version of Go 4. You can have a great phone but some Go 4 versions just will not work on it. Once it does work, turn off auto-update on the phone so it will not change.

Or you'll be sorry......
Once you have the sweet setup: AC firmware, Go4 app, and phone/tablet working in perfect harmony (yes, that may mean a little hunting for the right level), turn off all communications when powering up your AC. Zero internet, zero hotspot, zero cell coms. Everything.
If you need maps, download them and use them offline.
You decide when it phones home, which it will try to do......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair