DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downgrading Mavic 3 from 700 / 800 firmware?

Hey guys, any luck yet? Even if you managed to downgrade to 700, could one of you please record a tutorial on YouTube? We will get that translated into Ukrainian. Maybe guys on the front lines need help with this and aren‘t tech savvy enough to figure it out.

Reactions: MishaUkr
I've tried the 600th firmware from DDD but get an error during upload:

Info: Selected firmware file information:
Device: wm260
FirmwareVersion: 01.00.0600
Antirollback: 0
Info: Fw has lower Antirollback value as drone. Need to downgrade via exploit but none available for this drone/firmware combination.

Who already faced and resolved the issue?

Hey guys, any luck yet? Even if you managed to downgrade to 700, could one of you please record a tutorial on YouTube? We will get that translated into Ukrainian. Maybe guys on the front lines need help with this and aren‘t tech savvy enough to figure it out.
You can downgrade to 0700 using Dji Assistant, it allows to go back to 0700 but not lower than that FW

I've tried the 600th firmware from DDD but get an error during upload:

Info: Selected firmware file information:
Device: wm260
FirmwareVersion: 01.00.0600
Antirollback: 0
Info: Fw has lower Antirollback value as drone. Need to downgrade via exploit but none available for this drone/firmware combination.

Who already faced and resolved the issue?
Yeah, I posted about this a while back, no way to downgrade past 0700 as drone has anti rollback of 1 and FW is 0

Reactions: skipped_aga
Thank you for the answer, probably you also know why drone is not detected by DUMLdoreV3.exe? It seems like a pretty straightforward solution
Not sure why. I used to use Dumbledore with original Mavic, tried connecting once with Mavic 3 and it did not work so I never focused on it.

Not sure why. I used to use Dumbledore with original Mavic, tried connecting once with Mavic 3 and it did not work so I never focused on it.
Thank you for the reply. Do you probably know if any "low-level" tools to download / upload whole firmware. I'm thinking to get the firmware from an old drone and flash it on the new one?

I think it only worked with earlier djis and not newer ones. Doesn't even work with mini.
Thanks for your message, according to my previous experience, it seems to me that old connection was by using com port emulators. But unfortunately I didn't find anything similar. For the "hacking" drone should be used ADB, but before we need to enable development mode for it

Thank you for the reply. Do you probably know if any "low-level" tools to download / upload whole firmware. I'm thinking to get the firmware from an old drone and flash it on the new one?
You can use DroneHacks app which can flash FW to Mavic 3 from app version 1.2.5 upwards BUT if your drone FW is on 0700 or 0800 you cannot flash lower than 0700 because of the Anti Rollback value in the drone is set to 1 and the FW below 0700 the value is set to 0. So far, I doubt that anyone has managed to bypass this unless you can figure out how to change the value to match.

You can use DroneHacks app which can flash FW to Mavic 3 from app version 1.2.5 upwards BUT if your drone FW is on 0700 or 0800 you cannot flash lower than 0700 because of the Anti Rollback value in the drone is set to 1 and the FW below 0700 the value is set to 0. So far, I doubt that anyone has managed to bypass this unless you can figure out how to change the value to match.
You're absolutely right about it. I was trying to downgrade, but got a message "Info: Fw has lower Antirollback value as drone. Need to downgrade via exploit but none available for this drone/firmware combination." I didn't get where I can get an exploit to change this value. Is there any examples for other drones? Why it's related only for this particular model?

You're absolutely right about it. I was trying to downgrade, but got a message "Info: Fw has lower Antirollback value as drone. Need to downgrade via exploit but none available for this drone/firmware combination." I didn't get where I can get an exploit to change this value. Is there any examples for other drones? Why it's related only for this particular model?
When I was playing around with different versions of the drone FW because of GPS issues, I found that when the drone FW hit 0656 you could rollback but was getting GPS module errors which prevented the drone from taking off hence Dji installed the anti rollback value in 0700 which prevented anyone trying to downgrade which avoids this problem. Other drones never suffered with GPS issues and Airsense issues like the Mavic 3 did. The GPS and Airsense sits on the same board within the Mavic 3 hence you will find some drones don't have a working Airsense like mine, I had terrible issues with GOS but Airsense worked well but after installing 0700 my Airsense is non existent.

When I was playing around with different versions of the drone FW because of GPS issues, I found that when the drone FW hit 0656 you could rollback but was getting GPS module errors which prevented the drone from taking off hence Dji installed the anti rollback value in 0700 which prevented anyone trying to downgrade which avoids this problem. Other drones never suffered with GPS issues and Airsense issues like the Mavic 3 did. The GPS and Airsense sits on the same board within the Mavic 3 hence you will find some drones don't have a working Airsense like mine, I had terrible issues with GOS but Airsense worked well but after installing 0700 my Airsense is non existent.
Am I got you right, that there is a possibly issue with taking off after forcing FW to 600 or lower for Mavic 3 only because of the HW?

Am I got you right, that there is a possibly issue with taking off after forcing FW to 600 or lower for Mavic 3 only because of the HW?
Correct, Because of the fix for the GPS module in FW 0700 you cannot downgrade safely. You will get GPS module error, no gps module signature, gps module failure etc, these are the errors i was getting when trying to downgrade using Drone Hacks but not with the anto rollback value being changed, cannot downgrade anymore.

Will the thing just blow up if you try to get gps, airsense and remote ID all working at the same time? Or will airsense fail if you turn on remote id?

I remember seeing something recently that said that rolling back to anything before 800 is not possible. I thought it had something to do with RFID.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty