DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading files to iPhone

minipro3

Reactions
Just encountered A new issue. After flying, I download files to iPhone via wifi from bird to phone. Once they are on my phone I screen share to my smart tv so my wife and I can watch the videos. This has worked flawlessly for 2 months. I usually download 4 or 5 vids that are 4 or 5 minutes a piece. They are recorded in 4K in 30 fps as shown below. also screen shot of current vids I'm tying to download.

It"s not working well anymore. This morning It would only transfer 2 of 4 files and they were the smaller files of the bunch. This afternoon, same thing. had the 4 files in screenshot, it downloaded 2 of 4 to phone, the smaller of the two.

You can see in the pic that the 2 bigger files still have the download icon in the top corner, those are ones that won't work.

In between the 2 flights today I reformatted internal and external SD cards, which are both 128 gig cards and cleared all cache hoping that would cure the issue, which it didn't.

The only thing I've done different in the last few days is to use a cable from bird to phone for faster downloads. Now neither cable or wifi download to phone works right now. Any thoughts on what is going on ?? Don't want to download to computer cause its in another part of house for screenshare to tv. Loved the way it was originally working.
IMG_0167.PNG

Using mini 3 pro, iPhone 13, and RC with built in screen. Also plenty of storage left on phone

IMG_0169.JPG

Last edited:
Just encountered A new issue. After flying, I download files to iPhone via wifi from bird to phone. Once they are on my phone I screen share to my smart tv so my wife and I can watch the videos. This has worked flawlessly for 2 months. I usually download 4 or 5 vids that are 4 or 5 minutes a piece. They are recorded in 4K in 30 fps as shown below. also screen shot of current vids I'm tying to download.

It"s not working well anymore. This morning It would only transfer 2 of 4 files and they were the smaller files of the bunch. This afternoon, same thing. had the 4 files in screenshot, it downloaded 2 of 4 to phone, the smaller of the two.

You can see in the pic that the 2 bigger files still have the download icon in the top corner, those are ones that won't work.

In between the 2 flights today I reformatted internal and external SD cards, which are both 128 gig cards and cleared all cache hoping that would cure the issue, which it didn't.

The only thing I've done different in the last few days is to use a cable from bird to phone for faster downloads. Now neither cable or wifi download to phone works right now. Any thoughts on what is going on ?? Don't want to download to computer cause its in another part of house for screenshare to tv. Loved the way it was originally working.
View attachment 160950

Using mini 3 pro, iPhone 13, and RC with built in screen. Also plenty of storage left on phone

View attachment 160951
Did you check the space available on your phone? You said you formatted your SD cards. My guess is you are low on space on your iphone

Reactions: tls3601
Yes, enough space on phone . Did include that info in post
Yea. see that now. just lined up with the smaller files moving but not the bigger files. I missed your note there is plenty of space. Maybe testing copying to your computer - though I do see said that wasn't desired, but just recommending that test to see if you can copy the bigger ones at all or it fails other places. Try your wife's phone too maybe. If it works on your wife's phone, then I would think something is up with your phone.

Reactions: minipro3
Yea. see that now. just lined up with the smaller files moving but not the bigger files. I missed your note there is plenty of space. Maybe testing copying to your computer - though I do see said that wasn't desired, but just recommending that test to see if you can copy the bigger ones at all or it fails other places. Try your wife's phone too maybe. If it works on your wife's phone, then I would think something is up with your phone.
Great idea, will try wife's phone - will also try to computer, but need a card reader for usb-c on iMac first

I use the same set up. For larger video files, I prefer to use a sd card reader to the iPhone. As soon as I connect I can import into Photos. The DJI fast-transfer still takes too long for videos of any length over a minute.

Ultimately, you will find this a better solution for offloading your files to the iPhone. Or computer for that matter.

Hopefully this helps.

I use the same set up. For larger video files, I prefer to use a sd card reader to the iPhone. As soon as I connect I can import into Photos. The DJI fast-transfer still takes too long for videos of any length over a minute.

Ultimately, you will find this a better solution for offloading your files to the iPhone. Or computer for that matter.

Hopefully this helps.
Do you have any suggestions for a card reader for the iPhone ?

I have to say, don't know what I would do without all you guys that offer help !! Lots of info to learn about drones and I haven't even got into the video editing part yet :oops:

tried the DJI app on my wife's phone and it started downloading and at about 25 % thru it stopped. nothing on phone
Do you have iCloud active?

I’ve had issues with various downloads after enabling iCloud syncing including moving my Documents folder instead of copying to iCloud. If I disable it files download without issue.

Just a thought.

Do you have iCloud active?

I’ve had issues with various downloads after enabling iCloud syncing including moving my Documents folder instead of copying to iCloud. If I disable it files download without issue.

Just a thought.
Yes iCloud syncing is enabled. I just wonder why it worked fine for 2 months and then started working weird out of the blue. Syncing has been on the whole time.

Do you have any suggestions for a card reader for the iPhone ?
I purchased mine from Amazon. Do a search on MAX-756 or B08TWNS5TX. One or both should get you to the product I use.

Otherwise do a search for “micro sd card reader to lightening” and it will return with multiple options.

Yes iCloud syncing is enabled. I just wonder why it worked fine for 2 months and then started working weird out of the blue. Syncing has been on the whole time.
I think downloading it to your Mac will help pinpoint the cause. Card reader wise, go for a trusted brand such as SanDisk or Lexar and make sure it supports Micro SD cards. If you have an SD card slot on your Mac you can use a Mini to Micro SD card adapter instead, which would be roughly half the price of a card reader.

I think downloading it to your Mac will help pinpoint the cause. Card reader wise, go for a trusted brand such as SanDisk or Lexar and make sure it supports Micro SD cards. If you have an SD card slot on your Mac you can use a Mini to Micro SD card adapter instead, which would be roughly half the price of a card reader.
iMacs don't come with Micro card readers. Only USB-C slots. But I will get a cable and try it

I’ve been using this one from Amazon for a couple years and it works well.

Attachments

• D5B211E2-026C-4FE8-8EB2-3D043E58501B.jpeg
    D5B211E2-026C-4FE8-8EB2-3D043E58501B.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 8
So it looks like I fixed the download issue. I came back today and tried to download todays files and NONE would go to phone even though it appears that the download went thru.

I called DJI support and they went thru a few options with me to no avail. Finally he said I should delete and reinstall the DJI app. I told him I already tried that and he said try again. I did and problem seems to be solved. I still have cables on the way for phone and computer to get files directly from SD card.

Thank you for all the suggestions !!

Reactions: tls3601 and dougga
So it looks like I fixed the download issue. I came back today and tried to download todays files and NONE would go to phone even though it appears that the download went thru.

I called DJI support and they went thru a few options with me to no avail. Finally he said I should delete and reinstall the DJI app. I told him I already tried that and he said try again. I did and problem seems to be solved. I still have cables on the way for phone and computer to get files directly from SD card.

Thank you for all the suggestions !!
Glad you got it working. I thought of something else as well for future thoughts. There is an option on phones to force stop an application and also to clear its cache. It is possible the restart and first reinstall didn't totally clear the cache. So, just some food for thought.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe