DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading to Mac from DJI Mavic 2 Smart Controller & File Size

MacEye

Reactions
Hi Guys - I have just joined the community :)

For a few months now I have been having issues downloading my photos. Maybe it's silly but it just doesn't seem straight forward to me and extensive google / youtube searches have not really helped. I think there are a few issues, basically would love it if someone could share a how to guide on the best way to download images from the Smart Controller & also the settings I should use to ensure good resolution on pics and consistent file location. Don't want my phone at all involved as have limited storage space!

1. At first the photos seemed to be saving to my phone (now fixed, probably...) or I could only seem to download cache files which were tiny and had terrible resolution.
2. How do I get my Smart Controller to talk to my Mac? Today I have had to use a microSD card reader which I think is ridiculous.
3. Files downloaded using microSD reader are only 1.5MB - this still seems small - why?????
4. I always have to go hunting for the files - they never seem to be stored in the same place.

It's so bad, that I actually don't even like using my drone now because of how stressful I find downloading the pics. Please help!

Hi Guys - I have just joined the community :)

For a few months now I have been having issues downloading my photos. Maybe it's silly but it just doesn't seem straight forward to me and extensive google / youtube searches have not really helped. I think there are a few issues, basically would love it if someone could share a how to guide on the best way to download images from the Smart Controller & also the settings I should use to ensure good resolution on pics and consistent file location. Don't want my phone at all involved as have limited storage space!

1. At first the photos seemed to be saving to my phone (now fixed, probably...) or I could only seem to download cache files which were tiny and had terrible resolution.
2. How do I get my Smart Controller to talk to my Mac? Today I have had to use a microSD card reader which I think is ridiculous.
3. Files downloaded using microSD reader are only 1.5MB - this still seems small - why?????
4. I always have to go hunting for the files - they never seem to be stored in the same place.

It's so bad, that I actually don't even like using my drone now because of how stressful I find downloading the pics. Please help!
The pictures should not be on the smart controller. They should be on the SD card that you put in the drone. You can cache the photos and videos off of the controller but they are smaller in size since they are transmitted to the controller in lower resolution then the files on the SD card. These are likley the pictures you are seeing.

Put the sd card in the drone and Format it with the drone at the start of the flight. In the photos menu you should be able to check all of your settings. As for connecting the contoller to mac I have not found a way to do that yet, I have been messing around with the Enterprise Smart Contoller and recorded the screen on the contoller for a review video. The only way I was able to download them off the controller is to use the SD card and move them to the SD card. Then transfer the card to the computer.

Some of the drones have onboard memory, the photos should be stored on that. You would have to plug the drone into the computer with the usb cable and download from there. I prefer to not use internal memory since it is a pain.

I have not had much time playing with it, and of course the enterprise smart contoller may be slightly different then the standard smart controller.
Dave

Reactions: MacEye
The pictures should not be on the smart controller. They should be on the SD card that you put in the drone. You can cache the photos and videos off of the controller but they are smaller in size since they are transmitted to the controller in lower resolution then the files on the SD card. These are likley the pictures you are seeing.

Put the sd card in the drone and Format it with the drone at the start of the flight. In the photos menu you should be able to check all of your settings. As for connecting the contoller to mac I have not found a way to do that yet, I have been messing around with the Enterprise Smart Contoller and recorded the screen on the contoller for a review video. The only way I was able to download them off the controller is to use the SD card and move them to the SD card. Then transfer the card to the computer.

Some of the drones have onboard memory, the photos should be stored on that. You would have to plug the drone into the computer with the usb cable and download from there. I prefer to not use internal memory since it is a pain.

I have not had much time playing with it, and of course the enterprise smart contoller may be slightly different then the standard smart controller.
Dave
Thank you - that makes sense!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR