DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading video from drone

rc51tofuman

Reactions
Newbie here
Why is it when I download video from the drone, the playback isn't smooth.

The same video that is cached or on my phone is smoooooooth in playback.

Thankyou in advance for the replies
Using Mavic2 Pro

Two common issues are a slow computer or an issue with the video player itself. Try another video player like VLC.

VLC, Win Media player, quicktime NoGo
The only video player seemed to be smooth was Media Player Classic

Is there another video software that people are using?

Graphics card upgrade is what improved it for me. However I get motion blur, despite the individual frames being sharp.

Different architecture and app design. Also it sounds like you're playing your lower resolution cache video on your phone.

The video you are seeing on your phone is the transmitted video you are receiving through the controller. It is usually 1080p. The video that is saved to the Mavic will be 4k or whatever you set it to in your settings. Also if you choose the H265 with the 10 bit encoding it will take a pretty powerful graphics card. I have a 4 Gig Nvidia M2000M graphics card and an Intel Integrated Graphics card. The issue I had was that all my media players (Windows Media Player, Windows Metro Player, VLC) automatically use the Integrated Graphics Card which is less powerful. Normally, you can use the Nvidia Control Panel to specify what programs use which graphics card. For example I have set up Adobe Premiere Pro to use the Nvidia card. This allows the Premiere Pro to run much smoother. For whatever reason the Nvidia Control Panel does not allow me to choose for the Media Players. You have to install and run the Nvidia Inspector.

The video you are seeing on your phone is the transmitted video you are receiving through the controller. It is usually 1080p. The video that is saved to the Mavic will be 4k or whatever you set it to in your settings. Also if you choose the H265 with the 10 bit encoding it will take a pretty powerful graphics card. I have a 4 Gig Nvidia M2000M graphics card and an Intel Integrated Graphics card. The issue I had was that all my media players (Windows Media Player, Windows Metro Player, VLC) automatically use the Integrated Graphics Card which is less powerful. Normally, you can use the Nvidia Control Panel to specify what programs use which graphics card. For example I have set up Adobe Premiere Pro to use the Nvidia card. This allows the Premiere Pro to run much smoother. For whatever reason the Nvidia Control Panel does not allow me to choose for the Media Players. You have to install and run the Nvidia Inspector.
Thankyou
I will have to run this on my desktop then. My desktop is the latest and greatest custom build.

I was running on my laptop earlier

Thankyou
I will have to run this on my desktop then. My desktop is the latest and greatest custom build.

I was running on my laptop earlier
That Invidia Inspector is a pretty complex program. There are so many different settings and configurations you can do with it including overclocking your graphics card, change the temperature of when the fan comes on. Just be careful with what you do in the program and look up youtube videos on how to use it.

So what would be a good setting to use for video capture?
Or is that a broad question to ask

So what would be a good setting to use for video capture?
Or is that a broad question to ask
You mean what video quality you should set you Mavic to? It all depends on what quality you want and how powerful your computer is to edit the video. There are lots of youtube videos explaining the various settings such as this one.

You mean what video quality you should set you Mavic to? It all depends on what quality you want and how powerful your computer is to edit the video. There are lots of youtube videos explaining the various settings such as this one.
Thankyou

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme