DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Downtown Columbus at Night (Photo)

muchuckwagon

Reactions
I'm not sure entirely why but this is by far my favorite photograph to date. I've seen some amazing photographs capturing nature or a city skyline but there is something different to me about a photograph taken at night. I just like how the image has depth with the skyscrapers and all the smaller buildings in the background. I probably should crop off the left third of the image to focus the view down the road. What do you think?

ChaseSkyline.jpg

I'm not sure entirely why but this is by far my favorite photograph to date. I've seen some amazing photographs capturing nature or a city skyline but there is something different to me about a photograph taken at night. I just like how the image has depth with the skyscrapers and all the smaller buildings in the background. I probably should crop off the left third of the image to focus the view down the road. What do you think?

View attachment 115476

Looks good, thanks for the memories...left Columbus 4 years ago.

No, don't crop. Seeing the Nationwide HQ building in the background helps add that depth you mentioned. I know this spot well, just east of the state capitol building. We left Columbus (reluctantly) 8 years ago after living there 32 years. Terrific city. Thanks for sharing.

No, don't crop. Seeing the Nationwide HQ building in the background helps add that depth you mentioned. I know this spot well, just east of the state capitol building. We left Columbus (reluctantly) 8 years ago after living there 32 years. Terrific city. Thanks for sharing.

I remember you mentioning that you previously worked at OSU in another thread of mine. Looking at the photographs and video from my last trip downtown, I see tons of opportunities to capture some better shots. I just need to find the time.

I remember you mentioning that you previously worked at OSU in another thread of mine. Looking at the photographs and video from my last trip downtown, I see tons of opportunities to capture some better shots. I just need to find the time.
Amen to that. We never seem to have as much time with our drones as we'd like. You know, one good thing about the cooler weather coming to mid Ohio is, days will be shorter, so, getting a sunset shot with the downtown skyline or getting night shots of the downtown will be easier to do early in the evening and, many of the floors will be lit up in the towers which always makes a better city skyline shot. And while there won't be many leaves left on the trees, at night, who cares, you can't see them! Good luck. Post 'em when you shoot 'em.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60