DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Miami Sunset drone panorama of Brickell Key- Miami River0 Downtown

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Here is a 20 frame drone panorama, shot with the DJI Mavic 3 drone at 7:45 PM last night off of Brickell Key,Miami. Through the kindness of friends who live in the tallest building on the left side, I gained access to the walkway around the island.

On the left is the old Claughton Island, now fully developed as Brickell Key with high rise luxe apartments. In the middle is the Miami River, leading into the downtown area. This is a favorite place for boaters and massive yachts. The sun is setting behind the city, and the night illumination of the buildings is beginning. On the right is the downtown skyline, fronted by Bayfront Park, site of loud music festivals, and many events. To your right of the park is the Miami Heat Pro Basketball stadium (short, white round building).

The evening was capped by a great Chinese take out dinner, and chocolate mousse cake from the 36th floor patio overlooking the view.

Tech
DJI Mavic 3 drone with Hasselblad f/2.8 lens.
Twenty frames were stitched in Adobe Photoshop and edited using AI Masking tools.

Attachments

• Panorama 15 image Tequesta and Brickell.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 95
Nice shot of an incredible city! :D

Nice pano Dale!

Chris

Nice pano Dale!

Chris
Thanks to Doug and Chris. A tremendous amount of effort went into this image. Probably 4 hours in execution including travel, access to filming site, etc. Well worth this image.

Dale

Jeeps Dale. What a stunner you must be pleased with your work. Good too to have the geography explained. Only thing that puzzles me is what building you were in to be eating a Chinese TA at 36 floors up. It almost looks like there’s some HDR in the shot. Can’t believe you could do that with so many pano makers? Only 2 weeks and we’ll be opposite you on the Gulf Coast-can’t wait. The weather starting to heat up too.

Jeeps Dale. What a stunner you must be pleased with your work. Good too to have the geography explained. Only thing that puzzles me is what building you were in to be eating a Chinese TA at 36 floors up. It almost looks like there’s some HDR in the shot. Can’t believe you could do that with so many pano makers? Only 2 weeks and we’ll be opposite you on the Gulf Coast-can’t wait. The weather starting to heat up too.
Twickers
Too bad you haven’t made it here yet you are missing our absolutely perfect weather.

Firstly, our hosts on the 36th floor of the tallest building went out earlier in the day pick up Chinese take out
A chicken dish, a shrimp dish, and a beef dish plus fried rice. Topped it off with Prosecco and chocolate mousse cake😊

No HDR!
Just the 15 or more images 30% overlapped on grid of the RC controller with the function button set to turn gimbal straight down for first and last
image to mark the study on Adobe bridge.

The images were stitched and then edited in Adobe Camera RAW.
It’s one of the best images I have ever created with a drone and I am thinking about putting it on my wall.

Dale

Stunning pano @Dale D!
And then to top it off with dinner with a view. You're living right sir!

Twickers
Too bad you haven’t made it here yet you are missing our absolutely perfect weather.

Firstly, our hosts on the 36th floor of the tallest building went out earlier in the day pick up Chinese take out
A chicken dish, a shrimp dish, and a beef dish plus fried rice. Topped it off with Prosecco and chocolate mousse cake😊

No HDR!
Just the 15 or more images 30% overlapped on grid of the RC controller with the function button set to turn gimbal straight down for first and last
image to mark the study on Adobe bridge.

The images were stitched and then edited in Adobe Camera RAW.
It’s one of the best images I have ever created with a drone and I am thinking about putting it on my wall.

Dale
Forget the wall, should be in use in the latest Miami tourist guide-earning a few $s towards your next big trip! We always come out post Easter, gets cheaper in the hotel and fewer people. Our friends in Naples say it was teaming up to Easter

Absolutely beautiful Dale, I hope it's copyrighted, you can certainly sell that to a number of businesses along that water front.

Absolutely beautiful Dale, I hope it's copyrighted, you can certainly sell that to a number of businesses along that water front.
Yes- I also thought of that. I apiary posted in on Adobe Stock, and I didn't want to send it out to the forum with a watermark, so now I will place a © on it with my name.

Dale

©=hit option+g on a MAC

Beautiful shot !

It's the setting sun back lighting the city- I planned for it. Miami faces east and so, no sunsets, only sunrises.

This does not make sense. Your first sentence contradicts the second sentence. Every city has an East and West side.

Good picture regardless of my understanding of your statement

This does not make sense. Your first sentence contradicts the second sentence. Every city has an East and West side.

Good picture regardless of my understanding of your statement
Sorry if this was confusing. I cannot shoot sunsets with a horizon from Miami since the city faces to the east. I would have to be on the west coast to shoot sunsets. I really miss that but I do get great sunrises. Here's a map for your orientation.

Dale

East of Miami.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972