DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Miami Panoramas

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Tuesday March 19 was a beautiful late spring day in Miami. The heat has not arrived yet so it was a great opportunity to fly the drone (DJI Mavic 3) to grab some panoramic views of Miami. Most scenes are shot from the west (afternoon exposures with The Atlantic Ocean behind these buildings). Views are of the Miami River at Jose Marti Park and I 95 flyover and Luxe condos along Brickell Avenue.

Tech information
DJI Mavic 3 drone with Hasselblad camera
ISO 100
F/2.8
Shutter- auto
Processing in Adobe Photoshop
15 overlapping images for most panoramas, were
Brought into Adobe Camera RAW (ACR)>select all>right click on any image and select merge to panorama>Boundary Warp>edit in ACR with Masking tool to edit sky, foreground separately.

Dale
Miami

Attachments

• Pano-I95 and Miami River Downtown.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • I 95 flyover-Miami River Bridge-pano.jpg
    980 KB · Views: 57
  • I-95-Miami River Downtown pano.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • Miami Skyline-1.15 image panorama.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • Brickell Panorama 15 images.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 52
Tuesday March 19 was a beautiful late spring day in Miami. The heat has not arrived yet so it was a great opportunity to fly the drone (DJI Mavic 3) to grab some panoramic views of Miami. Most scenes are shot from the west (afternoon exposures with The Atlantic Ocean behind these buildings). Views are of the Miami River at Jose Marti Park and I 95 flyover and Luxe condos along Brickell Avenue.

Tech information
DJI Mavic 3 drone with Hasselblad camera
ISO 100
F/2.8
Shutter- auto
Processing in Adobe Photoshop
15 overlapping images for most panoramas, were
Brought into Adobe Camera RAW (ACR)>select all>right click on any image and select merge to panorama>Boundary Warp>edit in ACR with Masking tool to edit sky, foreground separately.

Dale
Miami

Very nice work.

And I'm delighted to see two crab boats tied up on the river. I was afraid that all the real boats had long been displaced by big, fast fiberglass McBoats.

Very nice work.

And I'm delighted to see two crab boats tied up on the river. I was afraid that all the real boats had long been displaced by big, fast fiberglass McBoats.
MS
This is one of my " go to" filming places and those boats have been there for years!
Thanks for your compliments!

This section of the Miami River is very near the outlet to the bay and then the ocean and is usually filled with mega yachts on the week ends with rap music blasting from speakers, 15 kids on the prow drinking, and flashy bathing suits. Typical Miami. But it is a "working" river too with scows, tugs, small skiffs, and large commercial boats that must wait for the bridges to open.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: MS Coast
Nice panos Dale!

We aren’t having very spring like weather here - more like winter weather with lows of -4C today with snow, a snow squall warning in effect and a forecast for more cold temperatures and snow the rest of the week. Wacky weather!

Chris

Nice panos Dale!

We aren’t having very spring like weather here - more like winter weather with lows of -4C today with snow, a snow squall warning in effect and a forecast for more cold temperatures and snow the rest of the week. Wacky weather!

Chris
Nice panos Dale!

Chris
Hang in there Chris, spring is just around the corner.

Reactions: Chrislaf
Very nice work Dale, as we have come to expect. Are these areas free to fly or any hoops you have to jump through? Looking forward to our Naples trip in less than a month. Have finally re-registered my MA2 for RID so hope it all works when I fire her up near the hotel.

Very nice work Dale, as we have come to expect. Are these areas free to fly or any hoops you have to jump through? Looking forward to our Naples trip in less than a month. Have finally re-registered my MA2 for RID so hope it all works when I fire her up near the hotel.
I don't think you will have any problems if you follow the rules. Naples is a great place to relax and enjoy the local restaurants. If you have never toured the Big Cypress Swamp Walk, it is worth it. You must bring along clothes that you will throw away (muddy, too bad to clean) Bring old pair of pants and sneakers. Book through Clyde Butcher's Gallery or the Park Service.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: MS Coast
Great photos and my favorite is the last one, Brickell 15 shot. You had it composed very well and is sectioned out really nice !
Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne