DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Milky Way Arch

Hey Dale, great work! Do you know what the lens zoom was at for the 9 exposures and what the ISO (ASA) was??
No zoom. I used the full aperture (f/2.8) and 14 mm, ISO was around 12,500. I experimented with 800, 10,000, 12,500, 20,000, etc.

This was the longest part of the set up- It took me about 20 minutes of test shots at various IS' s.I tried to keep it at the lowest ISO to get a decent image on my LCD. Every sky is different, so I really need to do many test shots.

neat. So each was a single exposure shot, no exposure stacking with something like Sequator?
Each shot was a single exposure of 15 seconds. I then quickly moved the camera 15 degrees on the tripod dial(not so easy in total pitch black darkness using a headlight), and fired off about 9 individual shots with a cable release, which I then assembled in Photoshop as describe above. No stacking. All old school stuff. As you know, I just purchased Pano Volo, but in this case, I will just shoot 9 overlapped shots, using about a 30 percent overlap of each shot.

Dale
Miami

Last edited:
Awesome photo Dale! Loved it.

Reactions: sarahb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member