DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Kenya Star Trails

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I have finally gotten around to working on some more unconventional photo techniques. This was a star timelapse of 600 exposures taken over a 2 hour period while on our Kenya trip. This was shot from the lodge pool area after all the lights had been turned off. I used a tripod, Nikon D750, 14mm setting of 14-24mm f/2.8 lens at f/2.8, and about 10 second interval and 15 seconds interval to avoid trailing and comet formation. The images were processed in Lightroom, and then Star Stax, and finally Photoshop. All of the stars rotate around the North Star (Polaris) as shown in this picture at the 6:00 position.

Dale
Miami

Attachments

• StarStaX_lighten.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
Fantastic shot Dale. So technical you’ve lost me but it’s brilliant.

As an amateur astronomer love the shot. That's a lot of work. Nothing to do with drones, but I got this shot with 10 two min. exposures combined for twenty min. total. Horse Head and Flame nebula in Orion. 5" refractor and ZWO 2600MC camera guiding with ZWO 220mm.

Attachments

• NGC2023, 2024-02-03, 10x120L, SW120, (CV), ZWO ASI2600MC Pro_stacked.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 27
Dale, Off on yet another photo adventure I see. Thanks for sharing and well done.
Doug

Dale, Off on yet another photo adventure I see. Thanks for sharing and well done.
Doug
Thanks Doug- this was from the Kenya trip in October 2023- just getting around to the Star Trails folder.I submitted the video Nov 23,2023 to the Mavic Forum. If you want a link to the Kenya video, let me know.
Dale

As an amateur astronomer love the shot. That's a lot of work. Nothing to do with drones, but I got this shot with 10 two min. exposures combined for twenty min. total. Horse Head and Flame nebula in Orion. 5" refractor and ZWO 2600MC camera guiding with ZWO 220mm.
That's an amazing image too!
Dale

Has the forum changed from Drone Photography to DSLR Photography ????
Just askin

Just askin
Just askin
Daytona500

I think many, if not all members of the forum have an interest in all things photographic. One of the most enjoyable and integral reasons we all love to use these flying cameras and seek the best lenses for gaining better images. So in addition to my thousands of commentaries over the past 5 years of membership, I have noted many photographic images not taken by a drone, and these seem to be welcomed by the forum. Many videos submitted are a combination of drone video, drone stills, action cameras, pocket gimbal cameras, etc.

If there were a problem, it would be up to the moderators to notify me about it, but I have also received positive comments and good words from the moderators too. If you do not want to view them, you can certainly not open them.
Just sayin.
Dale
Miami

The thing is thats theres a million websites out there for dslr photography a nd a very few for drone s . and like what just happened you posted dslr then another did the same thing and before you know it more and more will post dslr here and drone shots will suffer. . I have a nice dslr and I have done some astrophotography but I post it on website designed for that type and I post drone photography here were this website is designed for it.
I know it doesn't matter to you one I otta what I think your just gonna do what you want anyway.

Awesome photo!

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Daytona500

I think many, if not all members of the forum have an interest in all things photographic. One of the most enjoyable and integral reasons we all love to use these flying cameras and seek the best lenses for gaining better images. So in addition to my thousands of commentaries over the past 5 years of membership, I have noted many photographic images not taken by a drone, and these seem to be welcomed by the forum. Many videos submitted are a combination of drone video, drone stills, action cameras, pocket gimbal cameras, etc.

If there were a problem, it would be up to the moderators to notify me about it, but I have also received positive comments and good words from the moderators too. If you do not want to view them, you can certainly not open them.
Just sayin.
Dale
Miami
Keep 'em coming Dale. Many folks like me, appreciate the great results from the time and effort to produce this photo.

Reactions: PAW
Keep 'em coming Dale. Many folks like me, appreciate the great results from the time and effort to produce this photo.
Thanks Wheelski:
Your nice note confirms that most of the Mavic Pilots Forum, including a moderator, appreciates these images.

Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13