Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Brickell Avenue, Brickell Key, Miami -Drone and Timelapse Video 1:54 min

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Filmed on February 21,2023

This is a 1:54 minute video featuring Mavic 3 drone and DSLR timelapse videos of the skyline of Brickell Avenue and Brickell Key near downtown Miami, Florida, USA. Brickell Avenue and Brickell Key are the center of high rise luxury apartments with water views of Biscayne Bay as well as many international banking buildings, and the tallest building in the city, The Four Seasons.

This is a popular scenic view from under the Rickenbacker Causeway Bridge to Key Biscayne.

Tech Information
Nikon D750 Camera with 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 lens
DJI Mavic 3 Drone with 16ND filter
DJI OM6 Gimbal and iPhone 14 Pro Max using Motionlapse feature
Really Right Stuff tripod
Premiere Pro for video editing
LRTimelapse for timelapse video
Photoshop for opening panorama

Nicely done. I truly enjoyed watching!

GREAT video!
I grew up in Hollywood but since retiring I have lived in
Lake Wales. We are bringing some friends down south and I would like to shoot both
night / day videos and stills of the sky line where you were.
Where exactly were you...is it safe at night there too?

GREAT video!
I grew up in Hollywood but since retiring I have lived in
Lake Wales. We are bringing some friends down south and I would like to shoot both
night / day videos and stills of the sky line where you were.
Where exactly were you...is it safe at night there too?
The water views of the skyline are becoming more and more restricted. This view is still available. Take the Rickenbacker Causeway (to Key Biscayne). There is a toll by plate or Sunpass fee. Keep to the right at all times. Take the Ramp off to the right before the bridge starts. Follow it as it curves under the bridge. There is a small parking lot under the bridge. It is generally safe here. A lot of police cars came through here and there are always fishermen. Here is a map I made for youSkyline shooting map.jpg

Last edited:
Dale: I always enjoy your work, you have a great eye and talent for composition (and final edits). Thanks for sharing!

Dale: I always enjoy your work, you have a great eye and talent for composition (and final edits). Thanks for sharing!
Thanks- much appreciated. You are close enough to come down here and try a hand at it!

would be fun to do a photo safari at night sometime, used to do that with the wife all the time...

one of these days will enjoy a beverage and some photos with you.

would be fun to do a photo safari at night sometime, used to do that with the wife all the time...

one of these days will enjoy a beverage and some photos with you.
This is a good shooting spot for a sunset timelapse with the gradual illumination of the apartment building windows. I did one of those several years ago and it is on file in my Vimeo site.

The water views of the skyline are becoming more and more restricted. This view is still available. Take the Rickenbacker Causeway (to Key Biscayne). There is a toll by plate or Sunpass fee. Keep to the right at all times. Take the Ramp off to the right before the bridge starts. Follow it as it curves under the bridge. There is a small parking lot under the bridge. It is generally safe here. A lot of police cars came through here and there are always fishermen. Here is a map I made for youView attachment 161067
Dale...thanks for the info and map.....just curious is it safe at night...not really worried as I am a retired law enforcement officer and I would be armed...

The water views of the skyline are becoming more and more restricted. This view is still available. Take the Rickenbacker Causeway (to Key Biscayne). There is a toll by plate or Sunpass fee. Keep to the right at all times. Take the Ramp off to the right before the bridge starts. Follow it as it curves under the bridge. There is a small parking lot under the bridge. It is generally safe here. A lot of police cars came through here and there are always fishermen. Here is a map I made for youView attachment 161067
Dale where are the Closest hotels to the spot you told me about ?

Very nice, I really enjoyed the video. I have flown just north of there near the cruise ship port. The area does have a lot of restriction but there are open areas where you can get. near the ships. We were headed out on one and it was nice to get some shots prior to heading out.

Dale...thanks for the info and map.....just curious is it safe at night...not really worried as I am a retired law enforcement officer and I would be armed...
It all depends on your budget but the closest is the Hilton Garden Inn at the the entrance to Key Biscayne tollway
There are hotels all along Brickell Avenue for any budget

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky