DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downward sensor vision error

Val22

Reactions
Hello everyone,

i am sure this has been discussed before but I try to see if i can get help anyways.

so I had my Mavic mini for about a month or so.

first 2 days of flights good.

i crashed twice after that.

1 hit a small twig which crashed on snow after. Was a little wet but I blew the snow off immediately and wiped any remaining water.

next day I hit a branch and same thing, landed in snow.

since then, weird things happening where drone takes off and either goes high up, perhaps my set rth height, or flies off to a side.

tried to use it yesterday, I get cannot connect to controller with my a Samsung A8, cannot connect to controller or aircraft or this new thing, downward sensor vision error.

i am trying from outside.

i had deleted the app and reinstalled before yesterday.

what do I need to do. threads, videos or anything else to watch would be great.

if I need to upload flight logs, please tell me how or send me info where to find it.

a little annoyed that all went well at first and now I am grounded. Especially since stuck on home with this quarantine. I could be flying more during day light and would love to capture a waterfall near home since it’s at its highest now.

Thanks I’m advance and stay healthy everyone!

Last edited:
Hey @Val22 I suspect that you had some water damage to the board containing the vision sensors/camera. The belly of the drone is the part with the heat sink. When it landed in snow it was warm or hot and the snow melted right away. You did wipe the excess, but water went in and then maybe after a couple of days corroded. If it's under warranty, I would attempt a repair.

Hey @Val22 I suspect that you had some water damage to the board containing the vision sensors/camera. The belly of the drone is the part with the heat sink. When it landed in snow it was warm or hot and the snow melted right away. You did wipe the excess, but water went in and then maybe after a couple of days corroded. If it's under warranty, I would attempt a repair.
Agree, the main boards with the vision sensors seem to be relatively fragile in terms of moisture and impact. If you replace the main board, which is expensive, you will still have to send it to DJI to have the main board recoded for use with the gimbal. I’m not even sure that DJI will service a drone you open, will reply once they respond to my inquiry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest