DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downward Vision sensor calibration

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I had my M3 up for just a short bit, near my house and got a "Downward Vision Sensor Calibration Error". Perhaps it was due to so much snow below, but I don't think it ever had "just" snow below it. I had a vision sensor calibration error from my FPV and found instructions on how to calibrate the sensors using the DJI Assistant 2 but the app is not available to be used with the Mavic 3. Any thoughts on that error and whether it is something to be concerned about? I did note the M3 refused to allow me to fly forward onto my porch with an overhand about 8 feet above the floor. I had to land it outside our home. In the past I have been able to bring it in to land on our porch deck. Maybe that's related ?

Not sure what is going on with your Mavic 3 but DJI has asked me on multiple occasions to refresh the FW with DJI Assistant, even providing a download link. That doesn't mean it will have a calibration for your downward sensors, of course.
a) Has the error cleared?
b) Have you reported this to DJI Support?

DJI Assistant 2 download link: DJI Mavic 3 - Download Center - DJI

SmartSelect_20220208-072914_Email.jpg

Hey hey. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I experienced the same thing starting yesterday. I've flown my MA2 over 4,500 miles altogether, never crashed never had anything happen other than maybe trimming some tulips.

Last night I got the same warning mid-flight and was unable to descend or maintain much of anything resembling positive control of the aircraft until I finally got it on the ground. Had to wrestle it out of the sky for the most part.

Code 180003 I think.

What the hell IS this?!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123