DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dreading dealing with DJI firmware updates

Does your drone do what you need it to do? Then don't update under any circumstances. I use legacy firmware and software in ALL of my drones, which includes the Inspire line, the Phantom line and the Mavic line. This also includes DJI apps. All legacy. All of my drones are flown fairly regularly and are 100% reliable. The same can't be said for those who update to the latest firmware. Crash reports abound.

Good luck.

D
Thanks so much. Reassuring. My drone always does what I need it to do, and I think I've had a bit of unnecessary worry about making sure everything is always updated (smart controller, batteries, MP2).

So what do dinosaurs like me do? I use NLD software so flying isnt an issue but if i want to keep things legal with RID what are my simplest, translated to cheapest, solutions?
Not sure yet. Getting conflicting info and the usual poor product communications from DJI about RID updates for MP2. If not out by August, I guess I'll look for the least expensive module options, for which there are several recommendations, here.

I've updated, and fly my Mavic 2 using the Smart Controller with no issues so far. (I believe the Smart Controller provides Location Services\Remoted ID). I also fly the DJI Avata, and after updating, now have to have my IPhone connected to the Goggles to provide Location Services\Remote ID). I couldn't get a cell phone signal where I wanted to fly yesterday, which grounded my Avata due to the "No Remote ID". The folks who mandated the Remoted ID rule very obviously are technically challenged. Why in the F*** require Remote ID in areas far enough away from populated areas that getting a cell phone signal isn't possible. Makes a person shake their head at some of these knuckle dragging morons.
What version Smart Controller firmware are you running and how can you find in settings if if there is a Remote ID feature.

Greetings pilots, I have a Mavic 2, and trying to figure out whether I should go through DJI's firmware process to become remote ID compliant, or whether I should buy a module.
As with anything DJI software, I come here first because DJI's tech communications suck. I went to DJI Assistant2, plugged in my drone, and saw a nearly 1GB file ready to download but of course have no idea what that file is and I can't tell from anything on DJI's site whether that is the remote ID update. Last time I tried to update my firmware, I had to send my Mavic to DJI. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks so much.
I am having the same problem, I have a Mavic 2 Pro...I've not flow for over a year, I installed new firmware and hello guess what...it wants me to recalibrate the IMU which i did and it keep displaying error recalibrate, I'm almost ready to throw it in the trash. I have recharged 4 times over with the same result, does anyone know a company near Melbourne Fl. that can help with this problem. DJI just keep saying the same 3 problem are, but dont relate in any way to me.
Regards
Dekyffe

So what do dinosaurs like me do? I use NLD software so flying isnt an issue but if i want to keep things legal with RID what are my simplest, translated to cheapest, solutions?
Watch this video. He talks about RID Modules you can put on your drone if it doesn’t already have the capability.

For Mavic 2 owners, this is going to be a wait and see; if others will update the firmware so we can see how the drone is affected, what is added/deleted. I suspect since this is an RID update, it will be covered under a warranty exception and if your drone is damaged, DJI will make it right, no? I guess we will have to wait until the last day of the year 2023 to find out.

Legal, what’s that? Seriously I doubt any of us fly legal. Do you always have line sight of your drone, I doubt it. Just don’t ever upgrade, don’t go on the internet and you will be fine. Illegal but fine. Oh yeah, if you did update plenty of hacks to get rid of RID, but they are ”illegal”.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3