DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drift

Blaksony

Reactions
Just got my last replacement mavicair in the mail last night, just got thru testing it at the park, for some reason if drifts backwards without my touching the controls, the sensors are working properly and I did a compass cal twice, change batteries three times, on one of the batt change the drifting was to the right, I’m keeping the prop guards on just in cassette but 5he guards pull too much weight and I’m not too keen flying high in the sky, I’m wondering if this problem is in the remote or is the firmware on each battery different?

Reactions: Kawamaki
Was flying on Sunday... Put the drone out over the lip of a large cliff...The drone immediately started shaking like it does in high winds. I didn't feel any wind. I figured it was probably some "updrafts". I decided to move the drone farther over the valley below...the drone stopped shaking...but immediately started drifting to my right. The drone responded quite quickly to my touch and came back in front of me, but every time I tried to get a manual "dronnie" shot...the drone would start to drift to the right and would not hold horizontal position as I was flying in reverse. I couldn't get a good close up shot, because the drone was shaking too violently just over the edge of the cliff. I eventually just brought the drone back in and landed it.

I don't think it was a calibration issue....I didn't have a similar issue on any of my flights earlier in the day. I have noticed on other flights...that my drone will drift with the breeze and will continue to move in a single direction until I counteract it on the controls. Once I counteract the drift...the drone stays relatively steady.

Edited to add flight log info:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

This log seems to be a bit off. I'm standing in the rectangular clearing to the east of the reported path.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blaksony
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711