DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drifting and crash - Brazil

flodi

Reactions
Hi, guys.
Before the update I was fighting drifting, then updated to v01.03.0600 and drifting did not improve. I tried the IMU and compass calibration. Done.
After that, I switched on, waited until everything was ok and 12 satellites showing in the remote. I took off, and tried to hover in place about 1,5m above take off spot and it suddenly started drifting left very fast till crashed or me shutting it down. I can't tell what happened first.
It didn't take 30s the whole take off and crash event.
This is my log. I wonder if you can tell what may have gone wrong or what I did wrong myself.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I flew the day before the crash (v01.03.0600) and was not happy with the drifting ( as I've been suffering since I bought it).... that's why I did the IMU and Compass calibration for the 1st time since I bought.

I've taken off many times from that spot. I am sure I waited until I got 12 sats showing in the RC and showing OPTI mode, but the log says I got 10 max... and even drops to 8. Maybe if instead of hovering at 1,5m I went higher sooner, that wouldn't have happened. I didn't go up fast because I wanted to check if the calibration was ok and if the hovering was better

I appreciate your attention, guys. This forum has helped me a lot since I bought it last month specially on DO's and DON'Ts... sorry about my english... I am from Brazil

You should take your Mavic, go to another location, to a park or the beach, and launch from there. See how she behaves.

I am suspecting you might be experiencing metallic or magnetic interference.

I had that problem once back when I had a Phantom 3PRO and with my old Phantom 4 when I launched from the loading dock in the back of the building where I work, I hope my Boss is not reading this post, Lol.
Anyway, one day during my lunch hour, I decided to launch the Phantom to take pictures and video of a train that runs a few feet from the building around that time. After I launched, the Phantom was drifting, I almost crashed it.
The day before I had flown in a park close to home and no problems, so I was baffled and worried. That same day stopped by the park on the way home to test the Phantom, launched and.. NO PROBLEMS.

I did not realize that there are metallic surfaces in the proximity of the loading dock. No matter which drone I use I get the same result at that same spot.

Try to launch from another location away from metallic surroundings, like in an open field and see how she hovers.

tried to hover in place about 1,5m above take off spot and it suddenly started drifting left very fast till crashed or me shutting it down.
Your flight log shows you had the right stick in the far bottom, left corner. That caused your Mavic to fly backward and to the left at full speed until it crashed.

I had this happen to me. I had the ipad mini with the home button on the left which meant the magnets interfered with the sticks. Home button on the right and a 5mm gap front the rc and I have never had the problem since.

Your flight log shows you had the right stick in the far bottom, left corner. That caused your Mavic to fly backward and to the left at full speed until it crashed.

msinger, it was me trying to cut off the engines when started drifting and before it could hit a wall. It should show both sticks down. Left stick bottom right and right stick bottom left. Right stick shows no movement??

Thanks

Yes, the left stick shows movement too. When using the default settings, you cannot cut the engines by doing a CSC unless the Mavic detects some type of emergency (which is not clearly documented).

Yes, the left stick shows movement too. When using the default settings, you cannot cut the engines by doing a CSC unless the Mavic detects some type of emergency (which is not clearly documented).

Thank you. As most of times, pilots fault or lack of experience.

I took it to a flight this morning on a more open field and everything is fine.

I appreciate the support you and the other guys give to new pilots. Thanks and happy Easter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev