DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drifting Mini 2

If it is continually drifting, then sticks is a good possibility. It might not be registering 0 at hands off center. A calibration should fix that.

My Gamesir for my Tello is notorious for sending movement commands I'm not actually making, but I can counter them. Recently that was really bad but after jigging the sticks in all directions, it cleared up. There's no calibration mode for Tello Gsmesir remote.

Not that I'm suggesting jigging the Mavic sticks unless calibration shows continually of stick movement.

?...documentation please...TIA
The international definition of fog is a visibility of less than 1 km (3,300 ft); mist is a visibility of between 1 km (0.62 mi) and 2 km (1.2 mi) and haze from 2 km (1.2 mi) to 5 km (3.1 mi).

Visibility of less than 100 metres (330 ft) is usually reported as zero.

Ref: Visibility - Wikipedia

Last edited:
What prompted me to comment was that last night's weather report warned about dense fog for last night and this morning. They used miles rather than feet. 10 mile visibility is considered no fog. They were reporting 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile visibility and strong caution.

I verified online and found the wiki that Skyhigh found.

I have driven in extreme fog. I could see 100ft, but it was treacherous driving. Flying even an MA2 in such conditions, FPV or VLOS would be a serious challenge for navigation. You pretty much have to rely on the map at that point.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Reason is most likely wind, this has happened to many people before, because the Mavic Mini is so light, it gets blown around by the wind easily. Some ways to avoid this, is 1. descend lower to the ground, the wind is weaker near the ground. 2. switch the drone into sports mode. 3. always fly out against the wind, this means that if the drone looses battery, or you need to quickly return it, the drone will fly with the wind.
And also, never fly the drone in fog, it doesn't seem bad at first, but, well, clouds are wet...

I had only one day and 4 flights with my Mini 2 But can say it's not that stable (as his big brothers :) ) I noticed drifts on several occasions and not only horizontal but vertical also and also GPS is way less sensitive and takes more time to acquire sat's ... might be it's as good as it gets ;) - but IMU calibration and controller calibration also can save the day ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki