DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone apps on a laptop?

Android app support in Win11 works great, but like all the emulators like Bluestacks, noxplayer etc it's an android-x86 virtual machine, just way better integrated. That means that while most apps work some like DJI's that use native code libraries that are only compiled for ARM won't.
And anyway no PC has a "device" side USB port so you still couldn't connect a remote.
Bluestacks does have a 64 bit version (and a couple others) but it still doesn't work. Post #13.

Last edited:
This was their answer to my email.
"thank you for reaching out to us!
Unfortunately, Mavic Air 2S does not support the waypoint mission."
Well considering the the SDK has just been released I suspect they are just giving you a generic old answer. I'm sure if they can add more ships to their software it will happen sooner or later.

Well considering the the SDK has just been released I suspect they are just giving you a generic old answer. I'm sure if they can add more ships to their software it will happen sooner or later.
Possibly. If it's true it looks like "virtual sticks" would be out of the question.

air 2 lacks waypoints in firmware. It needs to use virtualstick. No sdk will help.

Why is it a hardware issue? Can you please explain, I don't understand that.
It doesn't have the built in memory (usually a chip on a board) to store the missions. That's why the only way to do it on these newer drones have to use virtual sticks. That's also why if you lose connection it will not complete the mission (because it is being sent from your phone/tablet to the drone).

Ah the good old waypoint storing chip. Strange they don't use the filesystem for that, they did on the phantoms and mavic1. I havn't reversed others though.

It's not a question of memory, it's just a question of DJI wanting to reserve that to higher models.

Virtual sticks is possible but it's likely something ugcs isn't interested in doing, so they just stick to the models that officially do have waypoints.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett