DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Bowling

Now that was FUN!!
Wondering how some of that was done without crashing, and what drone was used!

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Theirs only one word too describe that video "WOW" fun to watch.
The sound design was just as amazing. All of that had to be re-created since the drone was noisy and doesn't have a mic to record audio like that.

Reactions: Kilrah
The ones my son builds have a mic. They are small enough that the noise is not like from our prosumer drones.
Still, there are no microphones capable of recording very high fidelity audio of an entire room while flying around as well as cancelling out the sound of the blades. It's all sound design.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimlips and Rich QR
Still, there are no microphones capable of recording very high fidelity audio of an entire room while flying around as well as cancelling out the sound of the blades. It's all sound design.
Right. There were quiet conversations picked up. Anyone who has been in a bowling alley can tell you that quiet conversations get drowned out by balls and pins, even when no drone is flying around!

The whole thing was well planned, choreographed, and executed. There were quite a few people who had to be in their spots and moving the right way on cue, and who had to trust the drone operator, and who had to ignore the drone as it was buzzing around.

All the circling around almost made me dizzy, though.

There is a great write-up of how they did it in an article on The Daily Mail site. Very well choreographed and nearly perfect flying.

It was well directed and the audio was added in post.
The article is worth a read! I particularly liked the last sentence where they revealed that the whole project was put together in less than a week.

I've never spent a week on a 90 second film. But then, I've never made anything approaching that level of awesomeness.

Reactions: TnDronePilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661