DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone captures Southrepps 'radiation fog' daybreak

Really good work but information on screen spoilt the Photographic element.

Reactions: Kilrah
Very nice video, not sure I would fly with fog for couple of reasons. First reason moisture mixed with electronics, second visual line of sight is mandated in USA. Enjoyed your video but not worth the risk.

Unlike the other persons comments I really enjoyed your video and the music was a perfect fit to the subject matter.
I recently purchased the wetsuit for my M2P and it limits the amount of moisture that can get into the electronics and now I am able to fly in rain, snow or any other type of moisture. I know I’ll get all kinds of negative remarks but it actually works.
And here in Oregon I deal with rain on a constant basis so it was a “no brainer” to give it a try.
Phantomrain Wetsuits:440-315-4803
Phantomrain.org

Attachments

• 8EADA03C-064D-4440-B138-2553904D4919.jpeg
    8EADA03C-064D-4440-B138-2553904D4919.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
There wouldn't be any particular risk of moisture from wisps of fog at ground level.
I found it sad the BBC felt the need to stress 'a qualified drone pilot' took the video.
Best leave such dangerous stuff to trained experts, with yellow vests and such. Thumbswayup

I recently purchased the wetsuit for my M2P and it limits the amount of moisture that can get into the electronics and now I am able to fly in rain, snow or any other type of moisture. I know I’ll get all kinds of negative remarks but it actually works.
And here in Oregon I deal with rain on a constant basis so it was a “no brainer” to give it a try.
Phantomrain Wetsuits:440-315-4803
Phantomrain.org

Does it work OK with a bag over it?
An umbrella-like option might be worth trying.

There wouldn't be any particular risk of moisture from wisps of fog at ground level.
I found it sad the BBC felt the need to stress 'a qualified drone pilot' took the video.
Best leave such dangerous stuff to trained experts, with yellow vests and such. Thumbswayup

Not even!

Why would you ask such a question? No, a bag over the drone or an umbrella wouldn’t work at all. Think about it, there’s air rushing over and around the drone which would rip anything like that off. Come on, think!!

Very nice video, not sure I would fly with fog for couple of reasons. First reason moisture mixed with electronics, second visual line of sight is mandated in USA. Enjoyed your video but not worth the risk.
Really? There was nothing risky in that video at all.

Reactions: BD0G
That’s not the point of the video, it’s not always about risk!
I didn't think it was either. Here is the what I was responding to -

First reason moisture mixed with electronics, second visual line of sight is mandated in USA. Enjoyed your video but not worth the risk.

Reactions: BD0G
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas