DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone confiscation question...Nicaragua

Hi guys, just thought I would through out a quick question and get your thoughts. We are taking a long trip next year to Costa Rica using a travel tour group. We fly into Costa Rica but we will drive into Nicaragua at the end of the tour and fly back to the US from there. Do you think I will run into problems with the drone as i am leaving the country?
They mentioned that in Nicaragua is strictly prohibited drones. So I will not take it if I was you.

I snuck my P2V+ into Myanmar once and brought it in legally another time. This required approvals from 4 government ministries (Defense, Culture, Information, and Tourism) and the Customs department. There was a paperwork omission from the Ministry of Tourism and I had to leave it at Customs at the international airport in Yangon while they sorted the documents out.

While I was sitting in the Customs office, I saw a bunch of confiscated Phantoms stacked in the corner. The guy from the Ministry of Tourism told me there was a warehouse a few kilometers away, full of confiscated drones.

My Phantom was returned to me less than a day later when the last document came in, and delivered to me at my hotel.

I had a similar experience in Laos on that same trip.

On a later trip, my P3P was seized by the Vietnamese Army for 2 weeks before I got it back. I thought about renaming it "John McCain" after that episode.

I always keep a few crisp hundred dollar bills handy, but have never resorted to using them.

Reactions: dirkclod
Sitting in my hotel in Thailand reading this. Tomorrow i fly home to Perth after 2+ months away where we went Thailand china Japan China ,Mongolia Russia China Thailand

After research decided not to take my MP with me. Have not seen one drone flying in our travels

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine