DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone crash's through NYC window

We need pics of the drone and the broken window or it didn't happen.

Reactions: bakerboy
Kinda agree with ya Dodge .
Just passing on a post I just saw in PP .

Well I thought they were just dropping so go figure .

Pretty close to LGA.

Is the US law statute miles or nautical miles? The way I read the FAA rule, it's statute (as nautical is not specified). In Canada it is nautical.

Is there a Manhattan ban as stated in the article?

As another poster points out the window doesn't seem very tough - or the Karma was flying at serious speed.

The Post states a "5:45 PM" crash.

NYT puts it at "3:15 PM". Curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: GravityIsRelentless
We need pics of the drone and the broken window or it didn't happen.

It would be interesting if the police release the video from the drone camera!

The New York Post is a s--t raising tabloid rag to be sure, but it doesn't post fake news knowingly or deliberately.

Just watched a news report and the station was in the neighbors apartment where they looked down and out the window but still didn't have any pics of a broken window, broken glass on the ground.

I saw it on a local news station and they did show the broken glass / window, both from the inside and outside, but no drone shown.

A few different station reported on this, I found three videos.
I guess the cops are still looking for the drones owner, must not have been registered. They say it's a karma and they also haven't said if it's a recalled one, or a fixed one after the recall.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
A few different station reported on this, I found three videos.
I guess the cops are still looking for the drones owner, must not have been registered. They say it's a karma and they also haven't said if it's a recalled one, or a fixed one after the recall.

I don't believe recalled drones that weren't turned in will work at all.

New person be like "it had a camera... don't forget the yucky drone had a camera!" [zooms in with news crew camera at apartment building]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM