DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Deploy outstanding!

The question shows my lack of knowlege on this topic: I am presuming this is something you would do commercially for someone. What would they do with it/what is the map used for?

Reactions: youngie123
The question shows my lack of knowlege on this topic: I am presuming this is something you would do commercially for someone. What would they do with it/what is the map used for?

I used it to layout a cross country course. Very accurate measurements. Google earth couldn’t come close. Saved me the time of walking all over the property.

I'm confused. A cross country course...on a property?

Hey everyone. If you haven’t played with this yet, you should. Pretty cool. Had to map a new School. 39 acres done in 14 minutes. Pretty amazing.

So questions (coming from a new DJI Mavic pilot) Is this app intended to be a stand alone app to use with the Mavic (other DJI as well)?
Or is it used in tandem with the GO-4 app?

From reading I assume you have used this, how did things go?

So questions (coming from a new DJI Mavic pilot) Is this app intended to be a stand alone app to use with the Mavic (other DJI as well)?
Or is it used in tandem with the GO-4 app?

From reading I assume you have used this, how did things go?

It’s in tandem with GO-4 app. Once you have Mavic in air, minimize Go-4 and Open DroneDeploy. Easy peasy.
I used it for free for 30 days. Then they wanted $100/yr after that. I ignored their emails and waa-laa I can use it up to 3 times a month for free now. If I was going to use it commercially, I would consider it.

Awesome thank you. If it works well it would be worth a bill for me later on this summer as well as
for a guy I know who wants to know more about it that currently has started his own business recently.

Reactions: emonster1
Awesome thank you. If it works well it would be worth a bill for me later on this summer as well as
for a guy I know who wants to know more about it that currently has started his own business recently.

I'm getting started with the Mavic in my photography, and interested in identifying various opportunities for the drone as well.

I asked my question earlier in an effort to understand who may be customers for such a package. Looking at the video for the product, it does 3D mapping. I'm pretty much in the dark as to who would be interested or why...maybe some large contracting/building operations?

Probably something I won't be chasing.

It’s in tandem with GO-4 app. Once you have Mavic in air, minimize Go-4 and Open DroneDeploy. Easy peasy.
I used it for free for 30 days. Then they wanted $100/yr after that. I ignored their emails and waa-laa I can use it up to 3 times a month for free now. If I was going to use it commercially, I would consider it.
I've tried DD a few times, but the photos it took are all out of focus. Do you set the focus manually in DJI GO 4 when you do your mapping?

I'm getting started with the Mavic in my photography, and interested in identifying various opportunities for the drone as well.

I asked my question earlier in an effort to understand who may be customers for such a package. Looking at the video for the product, it does 3D mapping. I'm pretty much in the dark as to who would be interested or why...maybe some large contracting/building operations?

Probably something I won't be chasing.

Well just being new to this myself the mentioned software (as well as others like it) gives a person (business) many capabilities.
Mapping, this can be useful in larger (even mid sized) construction companies to plan out larger projects. Also agricultural applications can be applied
using this type of software. Another thing that comes to mind is surveying. Maybe even environmental elements can benefit. I suppose it really comes down
to what the person (business) limits itself to using an application like this.
In the business I mentioned in my post they too want to get into Agricultural projects and currently are working with a few larger Construction contractors.

I've tried DD a few times, but the photos it took are all out of focus. Do you set the focus manually in DJI GO 4 when you do your mapping?

Keep white balance set for whatever day you have. Best used on overcast days, noonish to help eliminate shadows. Focus was set at auto and white balance set at “Cloudy”.
Not sure why your photos are blurry though.
Maybe speed of drone and or distance to ground. I flew this mission at 138 ft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980