DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Display Melbourne Australia

AusTrekie

Reactions
From 15 to 24 January, hear ‘Melbourne, Feel the Sound.61FB119E-38F3-401D-B50D-C32347D21432.jpeg

From 25 January to 5 February, see the Wurundjeri creation story of ‘How The Platypus (Dulai Wurrung) Was Made’ come to life, told and illustrated by Wurundjeri, Dja Dja wurrung and Ngurai illum wurrung artist Mandy Nicholson.

The unique aerial display was developed by drone art company Celestial.

That would have been great to see. Thanks for sharing.
Regards

It's on for another week

It's on for another week
And you Aussies have "Summer Nights" now ... Jeez, am I envious sitting here far away in the northern hemisphere 🥺

That display must be wonderful to see ...

And you Aussies have "Summer Nights" now ... Jeez, am I envious sitting here far away in the northern hemisphere 🥺

That display must be wonderful to see ...
No reason to be lol. Melbourne weather for the last like week, Hasn't seen the temp drop below 25 till like 3-4am :p

Its not fun xD

• Haha
Reactions: slup
Footage of the Melbourne Docklands drone show. Shot on the 5 February 2022.

First a couple of apologies. The link is not to drone footage, but to the Melbourne City Docklands drone show that took place last Saturday evening which I shot using my GoPro. I know this forum is for drones but I thought some people might like to see what can be achieved in this wonderful hobby of ours when seriously talented people are involved. Watching this was both a breathtaking and emotional experience. Apologies in advance if you think this forum was not the right place to post.

Second, also apologies in advance for the shakiness of the video. Long story but, in the end I had to shoot from some distance away with my GoPro in standard mode, instead of my usual camera. Zoomed in and stabilised the video in post as much as I could. Hope this at least portrays some of the feeling of what was a truly magical event. The video editing is not my usual standard.

If I had my time all over again, this is what I would dedicate my professional life to. It is challenging, complex, beautiful, creative work.

As a side note, I took a walk down to the landing / takeoff area. It was no bigger than half a soccer field as it was at the end of a Jetty, and was crammed with 300 custom built drones, takeoff stands, cabins, pilots control "bubble" vehicles, containers etc. These guys are seriously professional.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78