DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone doesn't go straight down

jakub.spe

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Recently, I have been facing a problem that my Mavic Air 2 doesn't go straight down.

1) The issue happens in around 80% of the flights, the rest is fine.

2) When pressing the left controller stick straight down, the drone starts to go down but at the exact moment, it also moves forward, the same as I would have the right controller stick gently pushed upwards, but it is not the case. To counterbalance that move and go relatively straight down, I need to pull the right stick gently down to move the drone backwards.

3) The issue continues even when landing just above the ground. As a result, the drone sometimes hit the ground way too much as I would wish.

4) I did all compass calibration but it didn't change anything. All firmware updates are done as well.

5) The drone lands fine and goes straight down in auto landing mode.

6) Occasionally when turning on the remote controller, there is also a beeping sound. I need to turn off the remote controller, move the sticks and then turn it on so the beeping disappears. Remote controller calibration was done sever times too but it didn't change anything.

The whole issue makes me feel very uncomfortable when landing and I have the impression it's only a matter of time before I crash into something. Landing in narrow spaces is basically not an option as I am absolutely not able to do it precisely.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem here? All tips are appreciated. I am currently travelling for several weeks and I'm not so eager to send the drone to DJI.

Thanks a lot.

Try calibrating the controller.
Ditto. The RCN1 controller isn't the best controller that DJI ever put out. The sticks could easily be out of calibration.

Be sure to complete the remote calibration including the gimble roller. Then hit finish when the word light up. That will stop the beeping but if it doesn’t fix the drift when descending, do an imu calibration too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent