DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone dolly shot through woods

Edgeedge

Reactions
Used my Mavic Air as a dolly through the trees . Check out the beginning of this video we posted to our Youtube channel. I just love the low altitude capabilities of these drones.

Tactical Survival Belt

Reactions: r9kawai
You don't need to actually fly your drone to do this. One of the nifty features of a drone, which many people don't realize, is that it is a really good "Steadicam". Just turn on the drone, but don't start the props, and then carry the drone in your hand. The gimbal will still do its thing, and you will end up with perfectly stabilized footage, but without all the work, effort, and hazard of a low-level flight through foliage.

You don't need to actually fly your drone to do this. One of the nifty features of a drone, which many people don't realize, is that it is a really good "Steadicam". Just turn on the drone, but don't start the props, and then carry the drone in your hand. The gimbal will still do its thing, and you will end up with perfectly stabilized footage, but without all the work, effort, and hazard of a low-level flight through foliage.
Yup, and for $50 you can get a PolarPro Katana (as long as you are using the standard controller and not the Smart Controller).
KATANA-M2-WEIGHT-BALANCED-DESIGN_1024x1024.jpg

Good tip my friend. Didn’t think about that one.

Great idea

What works as well is the DJI Osmo with an iPhone. The new iPhone cameras are very good, and the Osmo is easy to handle for the various angles you may need.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Yup, and for $50 you can get a PolarPro Katana (as long as you are using the standard controller and not the Smart Controller).
View attachment 79904
And if you search eBay you can find the same sort of thing for less than $20. I bought one for about $16 on ebay about a year and a half ago for my old Mavic Pro.

I just checked and if you type these words in an ebay search you will find this one with free shipping for $12.99
( Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer Bracket & Controller Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom )
So no need to spend $50 or more.

And if you search eBay you can find the same sort of thing for less than $20. I bought one for about $16 on ebay about a year and a half ago for my old Mavic Pro.

I just checked and if you type these words in an ebay search you will find this one with free shipping for $12.99
( Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer Bracket & Controller Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom )
And for a couple of bucks more, one which claims to work with the Smart Controller.
Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer Holder Bracket for DJI Mavic 2 PRO & Smart Controller

Will it work with the air?

Will it work with the air?
This one claims it does
Mavic Air Gimbal Handheld Holder Stabilizer Bracket Kit For DJI Mavic Air Drone

Reactions: Edgeedge
John,
I just had a duh moment. That will be very handy for my shooting. Thanks

I just thought of this in my last shoot for some reason, it popped into my head to just use the drone sans props running as a handheld 4k gimbal camera

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato