DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone dropped out of sky into the ocean

The batteries weren't swollen....and unfortunately retrieval wasn't a good option. I did go out with a snorkel at different tide levels - aside from nearly getting bashed on the rocks I didn't manage to achieve a thing:(
At least you got yours back!

That wasn't mine - I was just providing the link to the other thread mentioned. Since you haven't posted the flight logs I cannot comment on your case, beyond the observation that I made in post #2.

Reactions: Thomas B and JAW
Are you kidding me! The mavic pro/platinum definitely has battery issues. They swell up so their attachment is compromised. I've had 3 that swelled up.

I've been flying various drones since 2015. Learned the hard way that swelling Lipo batteries is caused mainly by improper charging and storage. Li-po batteries are a pain in the patootie to use and maintain properly. This is true of all Li-pos, including smart Li-pos, not just the MPP batteries.

Last edited:
Hi Mavic South Oz,
Thank you for your reply and welcome to the site! I fear it maybe shortlived as don't feel particularly motivated to go and spend another +$1000 for possibly the same thing to happen again. Though if I ever got another drone I don't think we would fly over the sea again- which is a shame because travelling Australia you get amazing shots as Im sure you know!
I will upload what I have later on tonight and will be keen to get feedback. We clearly saw the aircraft come down. There were 3 of us watching it from a cliff overlooking the sea. And nothing came down first. Im pretty sure we would have seen it. Mind you the battery is small. The batteries were not swollen and were definitely clicked into place. We checked that every single time.
Thanks again for your help.
Zoe

No need to spend a grip again, I bought a mint used mp1 with 3 batteries for $360 usd cash guy was asking $650 In any event its a backup for my Panama runs an now just leave it there. My other stays in US. Not sure why all the drama, manup up and get back out over the ocean! I shoot tons and tons of surfers etc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair