DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Dropper in Action

Not good!

It’s to bad that the video can’t be more easily traced to the criminal that is responsible for it so they could join their friends on the other side of the fence.

Reactions: ajkm and JS1600
Prison drug drop. Really that’s pretty cool. I mean just to see it happen you know. I’m intrigued by police and military footage that never gets released to the general public. It’s like oh, that’s how they did it.

who knows maybe there was cookies and candy in the drop sack? Happy Halloween ????

dog out

Amazon's new delivery drone service. :)

HIS SECOND VIDEO WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF (see below)

Drone batteries run out drone falls from sky and kills operator. Mavic survives as operator gave his life to break the fall for falling drone.

• Haha
Reactions: Redleg
Prison drug drop. Really that’s pretty cool. I mean just to see it happen you know. I’m intrigued by police and military footage that never gets released to the general public. It’s like oh, that’s how they did it.

who knows maybe there was cookies and candy in the drop sack? Happy Halloween ????

dog out
No, that's not "pretty cool". And I'm appalled that this post hasn't been deleted. If this is permissible in this forum, then the forum has sunk to a new low and, as a professional, I want no further part of it.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
No, that's not "pretty cool". And I'm appalled that this post hasn't been deleted. If this is permissible in this forum, then the forum has sunk to a new low and, as a professional, I want no further part of it.
Don’t think the comment was intended to “condone” what the video is showing,but rather observing and commenting on the apparent ingenuity of the scumbags.... just my take. I mean if you’re so offended by an observation and comment by someone who has a different viewpoint than yourself, maybe a forum isn’t your best choice of medium? ...again, just my take.

YEAH IT IS!!

like I said. You finally get to see it for real. You never see that stuff. I’m intrigued by that stuff sorry if you don’t like what I said.

I’m surprised the prisoners didn't move faster to retrieve the Halloween candy. They were just milling around. Didn’t want the added jail time if they got busted I guess.
l M a o At this!!

Last edited:
How do we know its a drug drop? Its quite possible the kid bundled up educational materials in an effort to curb recidivism Took matters into his own hands. They say any kind of education lowers the rate of recidivism from the high ninty percent to the low teens.

If it was drugs shame on them. SHAME SHAME SHAME! But now that I think about it. Didn’t he drop the package (we can only assume is filled with drugs) on the recreation yard? Seems a lot like recreational drug use.

• Haha
Reactions: Redleg
Not from a DJI product. The geofencing around a prison would stop that before it had a chance. Come on people, drones for good not evil.

Reactions: ajkm
I would also imagine that most jurisdictions have a prohibition on carrying payloads by line unless it follows a manufacturer’s instructions (in Canada, CARs 901.43). I don’t think the majority of consumer RPAs would be authorised by their manufacturers to carry payloads by line.

Reactions: Dizzy1971
I would also imagine that most jurisdictions have a prohibition on carrying payloads by line unless it follows a manufacturer’s instructions (in Canada, CARs 901.43). I don’t think the majority of consumer RPAs would be authorised by their manufacturers to carry payloads by line.
That’s true.....but when has a crook ever cared? I don’t know from first hand,but I would expect that if there is a way around something,there’s people who can and will exploit the opportunity. I do recall that an institution here in Alberta was having quite an issue with drones dropping stuff into the yard, but I’m not sure what they did to prevent further incidents. (If anything)

Yep. Pity these irresponsible idiots make it so hard for the rest of us, whether recreational or professional. At least TC revised its action over the idiot who flew over the Raptors parade and celebration gathering and fined him - not that it made the headlines or was publicised enough even to begin to deter others.

Yep. Pity these irresponsible idiots make it so hard for the rest of us, whether recreational or professional. At least TC revised its action over the idiot who flew over the Raptors parade and celebration gathering and fined him - not that it made the headlines or was publicised enough even to begin to deter others.
I remember seeing that footage and thinking “how the heck is this guy not being arrested for general dumbazzery?” I always feel like if I’m compelled by TC to fly within the rules even out in the middle of nowhere,then they as the official body,are obligated to come down HARD on people who fly drones irresponsibly in places where I only WISH I could fly! When TC is not seen to be doing it’s job with haste,then it makes things so much more difficult for those of us who ARE taking their rules seriously. It’s always been my thought that it’s far better for the government to ACT with reason than to not act and then OVER react when something bad happens.

Reactions: ajkm
I remember seeing that footage and thinking “how the heck is this guy not being arrested for general dumbazzery?” I always feel like if I’m compelled by TC to fly within the rules even out in the middle of nowhere,then they as the official body,are obligated to come down HARD on people who fly drones irresponsibly in places where I only WISH I could fly! When TC is not seen to be doing it’s job with haste,then it makes things so much more difficult for those of us who ARE taking their rules seriously. It’s always been my thought that it’s far better for the government to ACT with reason than to not act and then OVER react when something bad happens.
Couldn't agree with you more on this.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan