DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone flying in St Lucia

Rockjox

Reactions
In answer to earlier questions regarding flying drones in St Lucia I have just returned and had no issues at all flying my mavic pro.
We stayed on the North West of the island away from the airports.
We visited several areas including the Pitons and had no issues.

Only 1 annoying issue was.

Some one else had a mavic pro in our hotel and this annoying person was reported for flying in front of the rooms and causing disturbance to the guests.

This stopped me from flying in sight of other hotel guests. Very annoying.

In answer to earlier questions regarding flying drones in St Lucia I have just returned and had no issues at all flying my mavic pro.

Only 1 annoying issue was.

Some one else had a mavic pro in our hotel and this annoying person was reported for flying in front of the rooms and causing disturbance to the guests.

Did anyone from the hotel ask you not to fly, or were you just being courteous/cautious because of the other person? Also, would you share a video from the trip? This is the kind of stuff we buy drones for. Thumbswayup

It was by chance I found out about the issue
I went out early every morning away from the hotel on a pier and fly out to sea. On completing, one of the staff approached me and said ' o its you with the drone is it'
People have be complaining that a drone has been flying out side people's rooms and filming !!!!!
I explained that it wasn't me and I only fly out to sea fliming the islands and sun rise.
Luckily people had seen the other guy flying on the beach later that day.
He was flying around people on a busy beach !!!!!!
He was told to stop using his drone.
I moved away from the hotel after that. I didn't want people associating me with such behaviour.
It just shows you how irresponsible people can spoil good opertunities.

Reactions: cderoche
It was by chance I found out about the issue
I went out early every morning away from the hotel on a pier and fly out to sea. On completing, one of the staff approached me and said ' o its you with the drone is it'
People have be complaining that a drone has been flying out side people's rooms and filming !!!!!
I explained that it wasn't me and I only fly out to sea fliming the islands and sun rise.
Luckily people had seen the other guy flying on the beach later that day.
He was flying around people on a busy beach !!!!!!
He was told to stop using his drone.
I moved away from the hotel after that. I didn't want people associating me with such behaviour.
It just shows you how irresponsible people can spoil good opertunities.

Goes to show you how fast a knucklehead can ruin others' good time, including and especially yours.

How was the condition of the island after the hurricanes passing thru? I'll be down there Oct 23-30 for our honeymoon and will be bringing the Mavic as well. Staying at Sandals resort...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet