DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Drone Footage for a Cause - River Restoration

FunYin

Reactions
California, perhaps like many parts of the world, is full of dammed rivers. As generally is the case, this can also do damage to ecosystems and prevent certain creatures from flourishing. Some of the biggest victims are fish that need to migrate. It gets even sillier when the dams have 100% lost their function. As a concerned tree-hugging angler and drone pilot, I was able to contribute to Cal Trout's "Dams Out" campaign. Thought I'd share :) Here is one of the videos. Enjoy! Rindge Dam Video.
- Shot on a Mini 2

If not in CA, the removal would be easy. Bore a few holes, seed a few explosives, and an earth-shattering ka-boom! :cool: Smaller charges for the upstream blockages.
Hi, I do not have sufficient awareness of the hurdles (or lack thereof) in other states. Still, I guess one could say that this is a start. Derelict dams are not just a California thing so, heck, maybe, for all we know, CA is in the lead? There must be a myriad of factors too; even simple ones such as dam size. Oh and another interesting one that I do know of is mitigation of silt and flood waters (including diversion). In other words, a large storm event, during the process of a dam removal, could imperil people, structures etc. downstream that grew and developed for decades with the "buffer" that the dam provided - even if derelict. What I mean is that, if I understand your comment correctly, you may be 100% correct - were the dam far from humans. Heck, just blow it up! *See links below. Anyways, thanks for your comment. I am going to look more at dam removals from this lens. Should I find anything interesting, I will circle back. :)
Dam removal case study: STOECKER ECOLOGICAL - Horse Creek Dam Removal Project Elwha Case study (WA state): https://www.nps.gov/olym/learn/nature/elwha-ecosystem-restoration.htm

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas