DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Footage Hawaii Volcano

Until I can figure out what to do with this here ya go .
IMG_9413.png

Since we don’t know if this operator did or did not have clearance to fly in this area, we will not be discussing it further. The rules have been stated, that is enough on that topic. Please review the forum rules, specifically rule #15 for more information on this decision.
I am going to reopen this thread but please curtail any comments on legalities due to the unknown facts surrounding the video or expect a warning. Thank you.

Thanks TJ.
And just in case one of you can't find # 15 here it is .
  • 15. The Forum Owners strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. It is a helpful service to the community when members guide others in understanding and following the regulations. Meanwhile, fully understanding all international rules and regulations is complex and it is not the responsibility of the forum owners, moderators or community members to police and enforce these rules and regulations. Any violation of another community rule, even if in the context of attempting to help enforce flying laws and regulations, is prohibited.

Not to restart the legality issue, but I don't understand why some will go through all the debate as they have above, or act as drone police when they don't know the facts, and a simple question to the right person could resolve the issue.

It was a simple question they wanted answered, was he flying illegally. The simple way to get the answer is to just asked the poster of the video or the PIC. Example: "Great Video! How were you able to get these awesome shots? Were you part of a first responder team, or lucky enough to get them prior to the TFR? Thanks for sharing."

I am sure that most legitimate (and legal) pilots would be happy to answer the question to share their experiences, especially when they are able to fly and produce some historical video.

If they were flying illegally, then that is another story for the proper people/authorities. And yes I do know the implications of someone flying illegally, especially during disaster operations, safety, bad UAV rep, etc., and I do not condone these flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots