DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone for Missing Pet Recovery

MtnGirl

Reactions
What thermal drone would you recommend for missing pet recovery? I was told this one, but of course I don't have $22K to spend on one: DJI Matrice M210 RTK v2 - D-RTK2, Zenmuse XT2 & Z30.

Does anyone have any experience with the Enterprise Dual for this application? Not sure if the sensor is big enough to make this a worthwhile purchase. Would love to see some photos.

The little Parrot Anafi looks interesting to me, but again, sensor size is everything, and there are no safety sensors on the drone itself. something I would like to have.

Thank you for any insight and information you may have.

Reactions: Gagey52 and Droniac
Welcome to the forum, unfortunately I don't have any IR experience myself so would recommend having a look through the dedicated Mavic Enterprise section here which might help:

Within this group of forums there's one dedicated to commercial drones with a thermal imaging section which is worth checking as well:

I just did this last night using my M30t. Dog took off into a 25 acre wooded area due to 4th of July fireworks. I did a grid search near sunset and identified the dog with the thermal and then zoomed in with the zoom camera. From 450 feet, I could almost read the tag on the collar! It is expensive and it may not be a flexible as the Matrice 200 or 300, but it is easy to use, quick to set up and about as functional as any drone I have ever used.

Reactions: Gagey52 and sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000