DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Geocaching?

DroneJI

Reactions
I used to take my son Geocaching with a handheld Garmin GPS and just thought using drones may be a way to add to the adventure of Geocaching, I just read on a Geocaching site that they are actively against it because of legal issues? All I could think of is if the Cache is approved by the property owners and there’s no laws against it what could it hurt? Some Caches require Scuba gear to find it that’s way more risk of harm to someone who doesn’t know what there doing IMHO, anyone bedsides me think using our drones to hide and find treasure for fun, Hiding GeoDrone Coins to find and move to another spot! This would be fun for both the young and old? Yes? No?

Is that where your drone uncontrollably falls from the sky and your not sure where it is. So what the heck call it a
Geo cach:)

doesn't geocaching generally involve burying the cache?
No, it does not. The original geocache was partially buried, but that concept was quickly abandoned and burying or otherwise digging a hole is not allowed.

I used to take my son Geocaching with a handheld Garmin GPS and just thought using drones may be a way to add to the adventure of Geocaching, I just read on a Geocaching site that they are actively against it because of legal issues? All I could think of is if the Cache is approved by the property owners and there’s no laws against it what could it hurt? Some Caches require Scuba gear to find it that’s way more risk of harm to someone who doesn’t know what there doing IMHO, anyone bedsides me think using our drones to hide and find treasure for fun, Hiding GeoDrone Coins to find and move to another spot! This would be fun for both the young and old? Yes? No?
Curious how you would physically extract the cache and sign the log while using a drone.

Reactions: Kilrah
It could be a cache say up high, or far away, or in an inaccessible spot, just photograph it, put that on the website and you have signed it??
But yeah, I can see allsorts of issues arising...

There’s so many possibilities I’m trying to come up with a regional trial to test some concepts and see how it might evolve? The Chattooga River I fish at in South Carolina is very inaccessible except for a few spots I don’t know how they even filmed Deliverance on it? Maybe the first test could be spots in them movie were certain scenes were shot? Just a thought.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone