Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Gun

junda

Reactions
Discuss.
DroneGun Tactical is a portable (but still illegal) drone scrambler
dronegun-tactical.jpg

Not very practical...If I'm flying a Mavic at an altitude of 200+ feet and a speed of 12 mph, good luck try to "zap" it.

Not very practical...If I'm flying a Mavic at an altitude of 200+ feet and a speed of 12 mph, good luck try to "zap" it.
and it needs to STAY on target

last line of the article
When I asked DroneShield’s CEO if these devices were likely to ever get FCC approval, he simply responded “no.” Well, at least he’s honest

Not worried about it at all...It’s not going to be made available to the public, only military.

Yep, imagine if every people get this stuff... They can "attack" any GPS or other network (maybe also wifi ??) ...
I guess there will be more anaware people with this kind of SH..TY stuffs than people wanting to "spy" somebody...
And yep, a drone gun could be very fun for some stupid guys , ans they will want to shoot down the most drones as they can...just for fun... :( :(

I think too that it will only made for military applications... I really hope !!
Not worried about it at all...It’s not going to be made available to the public, only military.

And just in case that thing got your drone zapped and dropped out off the sky and hit or injured someone from below,whose responsible?

Sorry, I don't understand the gripe people have against drones. Further more, I don't understand how people think they can destroy other people's property without suffering the consequences.

i have a few friends that are conspiracy theorists. combine that with paranoid people that are uber conscious of their privacy, and instant hate.

And just in case that thing got your drone zapped and dropped out off the sky and hit or injured someone from below,whose responsible?

From what I read, in another article, this gun won’t cause all drones to fall from the sky. What it does essentially is knocks out the signal from the RC to the Drone. So in the case of the Mavic, it should just RTH until it gains the signal back. Jokes on them.

I think the full point is to avoid it dropping out the sky.

It jams communication forcing a RTH or landing. Goal is to remove drone from area or stop it reaching its target.

Non issue really. It's not aimed at hobbyists flying drones where they shouldn't. It's for use on battlefield or critical sites.

With drones becoming so widespread it's obvious things like this will be available for military and law enforcement.

Could imagine these being used at nuclear sites etc.

Reactions: jason38
According to the article it jams communition with the RC, and its likely a dumb jammer that simply overpowers the RC signal. And the GPS isn't jammed by default. And it weights 30 pounds. Lets see...

(1) it won't knock most drones out of the sky, it will send them into RTH instead, since GPS isn't jammed.

(2) Its heavy, and needs to be pointed on target, maybe not precisely, but still pointed on target, good luck doing it with a handheld 30 pounds gun on airborne targets.

(3) Depending on how directional it is, while being too precise will make it way harder to target, it likely needs quite some power output (hence the weight, you need the power source), this is essentially turns it into a portable microwave oven, blasting its output to whatever it is pointed on. With FCC limiting TX power at 2.4ghz to 30dbm (1W), THAT will never get approved.

These are not going to be priced once available for the masses they are going to be purchased by county’s and state governments to protect prisons and jails from the huge amount of contraband being dropped into prison yards

These are not going to be priced once available for the masses they are going to be purchased by county’s and state governments to protect prisons and jails from the huge amount of contraband being dropped into prison yards
This is a bit pointless. The moment prisons start using this, operators are going to just pre-program the waypoints, so no RC is needed. Even if you jam the GPS as well, if the payout for the criminals is high enough, i am sure they are going to find a way to hack drones like phantom, and implement visual autopilot of some kind. This if far from impossible, assuming you have the code for the rest of the platform, it shouldn't even be all that hard.

EDIT: Thinking about it again... Mavic is almost doing this during it's "precision landing".

This is a bit pointless. The moment prisons start using this, operators are going to just pre-program the waypoints, so no RC is needed. Even if you jam the GPS as well, if the payout for the criminals is high enough, i am sure they are going to find a way to hack drones like phantom, and implement visual autopilot of some kind. This if far from impossible, assuming you have the code for the rest of the platform, it shouldn't even be all that hard.

EDIT: Thinking about it again... Mavic is almost doing this during it's "precision landing".

Your giving these idiots too much credit. At least the ones I’ve seen caught so far.

Sorry, I don't understand the gripe people have against drones. Further more, I don't understand how people think they can destroy other people's property without suffering the consequences.

It may not be understandable. A few people just seem to have an allergy to it that comes out as anger, resentment, or even fear. When you are up against emotion like that, reason, persuasion, logic, etc. will not work. A good friend of ours, active volunteer & benefactor to the community, just becomes irate when she talks about it. It takes a little patience to ease her down off the soapbox.

After all, she's still a good friend.

From what I read, in another article, this gun won’t cause all drones to fall from the sky. What it does essentially is knocks out the signal from the RC to the Drone. So in the case of the Mavic, it should just RTH until it gains the signal back. Jokes on them.
Purpose might be also to trigger RTH if installed on drone, and then follow the drone back to the pilot (usually quite close to defined home point)?

They shut down basic drones at least, and have ability to arrest owners of "evolved" ones..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser