DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone in Rome (italy) - read before fly

dronebigboy

Reactions
I'm going to post this article Roma, drone in volo sul Pantheon: la Procura indaga su tragitti e contatti contenuti nella sim
from an italian roman newspaper about the issue you may occur flying in Rome that is as all the others italian cities a big NO FLY ZONE.

the translation of the article :

Rome, drones flying over the Pantheon: the prosecutor investigates the routes and contacts contained in the sim
It was August 27 when a drone flew over the Pantheon, in Rome's Rotonda Square, violating the no-fly zone and triggering anti-terrorism investigations. Now, the Procuratorate, who enrolled in the suspect's intelligence register, the 37-year-old American "tourist" pilot has provided a certificate on the SIM card contained in the seized aircraft. Investigators want to reconstruct the route from marchingegno, which was directed through a cellphone, and also monitor the phone traffic contained in the card. The magistrates of piazzale Clodio intend to determine whether it was a "bravado" isolated or if the aircraft overtook other sensitive areas.

The drone was spotted by the watchdogs in the Senate watchdog and Army soldiers employed in the "Safe Roads" operation. In a few minutes, the intervention procedure was followed to trace the quadricopter pilot. The patrols of the station Farnese and Rome Centro were also attended. The aircraft owner, a 37-year-old US citizen, was then taken to the barracks and was denounced for breach of the overflow ban and procured an alarm. The drone and its remote control were seized. The day before, another marching had overtaken the Vatican. Shortly after a Russian tourist was denounced for flying a quadricopter near San Pietro.

My suggestion as italian citizen, don't come in italy thinking to use the drone so easily, most of the places here even in the countryside are off limits.

I'm going to post this article Roma, drone in volo sul Pantheon: la Procura indaga su tragitti e contatti contenuti nella sim
from an italian roman newspaper about the issue you may occur flying in Rome that is as all the others italian cities a big NO FLY ZONE.

the translation of the article :

Rome, drones flying over the Pantheon: the prosecutor investigates the routes and contacts contained in the sim
It was August 27 when a drone flew over the Pantheon, in Rome's Rotonda Square, violating the no-fly zone and triggering anti-terrorism investigations. Now, the Procuratorate, who enrolled in the suspect's intelligence register, the 37-year-old American "tourist" pilot has provided a certificate on the SIM card contained in the seized aircraft. Investigators want to reconstruct the route from marchingegno, which was directed through a cellphone, and also monitor the phone traffic contained in the card. The magistrates of piazzale Clodio intend to determine whether it was a "bravado" isolated or if the aircraft overtook other sensitive areas.

The drone was spotted by the watchdogs in the Senate watchdog and Army soldiers employed in the "Safe Roads" operation. In a few minutes, the intervention procedure was followed to trace the quadricopter pilot. The patrols of the station Farnese and Rome Centro were also attended. The aircraft owner, a 37-year-old US citizen, was then taken to the barracks and was denounced for breach of the overflow ban and procured an alarm. The drone and its remote control were seized. The day before, another marching had overtaken the Vatican. Shortly after a Russian tourist was denounced for flying a quadricopter near San Pietro.

My suggestion as italian citizen, don't come in italy thinking to use the drone so easily, most of the places here even in the countryside are off limits.
Good that Rome is protecting their treasures so that people can enjoy them without being annoyed and distracted.

Good that Rome is protecting their treasures so that people can enjoy them without being annoyed and distracted.
yes lot of tourist come in Rome to use their drones...in italy and specially in rome there are also lot of monuments where you can fly over

I will be in Rome and a few other Italian cities in May. Should I even bother taking my Mavic? Im not saying I would fly it down in the middle of the Popes lunch or land it on top of the Coliseum but I would like to get some aerial video.

Hello
I am traveling to Rome and Capri in April 2018. It seems I can't fly my drone in Rome. But can I fly it in Capri?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive