DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone in Thailand

AroundTheWorld

Reactions
Hello,

I'm going to the Maldives after tomorrow and it will followed by a tour in Asia. I really wanted to bring my drone with me in order to get some aerial shots but I just discovered that it's not as simple as it used to be to fly a drone in Thailand. It will be too short for me to get the Thai authorization that's why I plan to use it in the Maldives only. The thing is that I have heard I could also be in trouble entering the Kindgom of Thailand without registering the drone as an import good even if I don't plan to fly it there. Is that right? Could you confirm that I really need to register my drone prior arrival even if I don't plan to use it in Thailand?

How To Register Drone In Thailand? Step By Step Guide. - Thailand Travel Essentials

Thanks for your help

Hello,

I'm going to the Maldives after tomorrow and it will followed by a tour in Asia. I really wanted to bring my drone with me in order to get some aerial shots but I just discovered that it's not as simple as it used to be to fly a drone in Thailand. It will be too short for me to get the Thai authorization that's why I plan to use it in the Maldives only. The thing is that I have heard I could also be in trouble entering the Kindgom of Thailand without registering the drone as an import good even if I don't plan to fly it there. Is that right? Could you confirm that I really need to register my drone prior arrival even if I don't plan to use it in Thailand?

How To Register Drone In Thailand? Step By Step Guide. - Thailand Travel Essentials

Thanks for your help
I live in TH (Chiang Mai) many years.
Since some 2 years, officially you must have the registration paper from the CAAT for any drone with a camera before you can fly.
I fly drones several years and the last years I have a Mavic Pro and a Mavic 2 Zoom. No papers, still waiting. Hopeless. I don't bother any longer but I only fly my Mavics in remote areas. I realize that I take a serious risk.
I advice you to not fly your drone unless you are in a really remote area (nature). On the other hand, some policemen know about laws, others don't. But they all know how to get money out of you.
Enjoy your trip in TH. It still is an amazing country.

Took mine to Thailand. Flew into Bangkok, then into Chiang Mai, Surat Thani, Chumphon, (visiting Koh Tao and Koh Samui) and back to Bangkok. I had zero problems anywhere as far as security goes. I did not, and would not dare flying in Bangkok. It was just too crowded and the attention was not something I thought was worth drawing. Who knows if someone would see an opportunity to extort you. I flew everywhere else though and had no problems. I also fly very respectfully. No Wat's, no landmarks, nothing. I had intended to bring the paperwork with me to show that I had filed but I ended up forgetting it at home. No one bothered me at all and there was no need for the paperwork.

Hit me up if you want some info about Thailand. Had an amazing trip there. I'd also like to hit the Maldives next spring for the first time. You'll have to fill me in about it.

• Love
Reactions: izzy
Currently in Phuket. After much indecision bought my Mavic with me. No problems with security.

Checked out a cojple of locations where i plan to fly today. Will let you know how i go

Reactions: izzy
Currently in Phuket. After much indecision bought my Mavic with me. No problems with security.

Checked out a cojple of locations where i plan to fly today. Will let you know how i go

Did you manage to fly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus