DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Insurance

Bearded4Glory

Reactions
Some friends and I recently got Mavic 2 Pros and we are having a really hard time finding anyone that will insure them from loss, theft, or crashes. We tried the personal article policy through state farm and even asked our camera insurance company if they would do it and everyone so far has turned us down.

Anyone have a policy here in the Bay Area? We aren't looking for liability just coverage for the drone itself. Seems hard to get in California for some reason.

Have you tried to get a rider to a homeowner or renter policy?

As you mentioned, most of the drone specific insurance companies that advertise on forums for drone pilots can add theft/loss coverage on top of a liability plan.

Have you tried to get a rider to a homeowner or renter policy?

As you mentioned, most of the drone specific insurance companies that advertise on forums for drone pilots can add theft/loss coverage on top of a liability plan.
Yes, no one seems to want to add it to a renters policy. I don't know if there is something specific about California law but it seems almost impossible to get insurance.

Anyone have a policy here in the Bay Area? We aren't looking for liability just coverage for the drone itself.
I‘ve got my Mavics insured via a rider on our State Farm home insurance policy, simply listed along with our valuables (i.e. jewelry, rare collectibles, e-bikes).

For any commercial missions/flights, I insure for the time I’m onsite and the specific radius via the Verifly app.

Reactions: MavicPeter
I‘ve got my Mavics insured via a rider on our State Farm home insurance policy, simply listed along with our valuables (i.e. jewelry, rare collectibles, e-bikes).

For any commercial missions/flights, I insure for the time I’m onsite and the specific radius via the Verifly app.
Hmm, I don't know if State Farm changed their policy recently or what but they won't insure drones at this point at least not the agent that we spoke to.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Some friends and I recently got Mavic 2 Pros and we are having a really hard time finding anyone that will insure them from loss, theft, or crashes. We tried the personal article policy through state farm and even asked our camera insurance company if they would do it and everyone so far has turned us down.

Anyone have a policy here in the Bay Area? We aren't looking for liability just coverage for the drone itself. Seems hard to get in California for some reason.
Try AMA... $70 USD/year ... reduced for seniors 2.5 million liability and also loss etcincluded in membership:
36538BD6-5473-40B4-A0DF-B1A8B0CAEAA4.png

Try AMA...
I‘ve been an AMA member for decades, yet I always forget about their insurance. It’s a good deal, and worth learning a little about the RC hobby, since we share the same airspace and flying fields at times.

Reactions: MavicPeter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo