DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone just drops out of the sky.

Not that it sheds any more light on what happened, but actually the log ends abruptly, for no apparent reason, 70 seconds before the loss of flight control and the crash itself. The end of the log corresponds to 1' 21" in the video, at this point:

View attachment 158024

The flight continued (red trace) without logging to the crash point:

View attachment 158029

Ah, that explains the altitude, I hadn't seen the entire video.
Very odd to have the log stop like that, while making controlled flight / systems all apparently normal.

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
CsvView = CsvView Downloads

The phone DATs of the Mavic Mini = Mini 1 and M2P/Z are not encrypted. Mini 2 DATs are encrypted. I don't know about other Mavics but at a guess the post Mavic Mini drones will have encrypted pahne DATs Post Fly app 1.2.4 and the .txts are also encrypted...... beep, beeep beeeep,
Both the FPV and Avata will record a .DAT file on the goggles that is not encrypted. They can be retrieved by using the method described here
.DAT available

There are other methods for retrieving a .DAT from both the goggles and FPV or Avata. But these other methods yield an encrypted .DAT. There are also log files with a .dat (lower case) extension which are encrypted. To obtain a .DAT that isn't encrypted the method referenced above is required.

• Love
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Ah, that explains the altitude, I hadn't seen the entire video.
Very odd to have the log stop like that, while making controlled flight / systems all apparently normal.

Not that it sheds any more light on what happened, but actually the log ends abruptly, for no apparent reason, 70 seconds before the loss of flight control and the crash itself. The end of the log corresponds to 1' 21" in the video, at this point:

View attachment 158024

View attachment 158029
I spoke to the dji people and they cant explain it either!. I will send in the

View attachment 158024

View attachment 158029
Yes. I dont know why the log ended, neither do the people at dji that I spoke to. From the end of the log up until the crash, I had smooth stable flight. The drone and goggles have the latest firmware installed. All my flight since then have recorded normally.

I did a couple of flights yeaterday and today, all went well and the flight route records are accurate.

Bird strike from behind?...
Possible but unlikely... a bird strike should have shown attitude disturbances in especially the roll & pitch axis before the prop broke, but that's not the case here... all starts with a clean CCW yaw movement soon followed by a roll over to the left, all this corresponds well with a sudden prop failure in the rear left corner.

Check the crash here...

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
I just checked the battery connector base on the drone. On the right hand side 2 small pins, the top one seems to be located in further into the assembly than the bottom mini pin by about 1.5 mm. ..

I have labeled it "" pushed in", but it could be manufactured that way, although, as someone who spent time on electroinic systems design, I cant see why.
Electronic connectors often have uneven pins, so that some circuits make contact before/after others. This may be a poor example, as the short pin is (perhaps) unused:47FF85C3-3227-4788-AA62-15AE23787989.jpegbefore/after others.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N